Week of September 27, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my flip for now. "Sampleflip - Keeping The Blade"
Use link below.

Just checking out the others now.

Iceman. I like this track its reminding me of something and I cant place it. Maybe its Paparazzi, or something like it. Good stuff, not sure about the vampire sample tho? It doesnt seem to fit the feel of the track to me.

LDB. The intro is tense, takes me back to the Geto Boys days. This is gangster just the way they did it. All it needs now is Bushwick bill and its good to go.

LowG. I like what you have done here, I think the sampled part with the strings is a little loud in the mix. I like the fx you have added to the samples. The part where the strings stop is ill, if the volume was a lot lower on them they wont be so dramatic.

Seoul P. I like this but it seems a bit overcomplicated, some of the chops dont sound right. I like the drums and I think this would be a lot better if it was a lot simpler. Still a good flip tho, just needs a tidy up. And like you say its a work in progress.

Spanish Harlem. That bass is ill. I like the changeup too, i think one or two of the notes on the bassline at the end of the changeup are slightly out of key. A good flip tho, has a good feel.

I think we all pretty much flipped up the same part of the track.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
since this thing is open for a month. i'll go ahead and post something. still a work in progress...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=753627&songID=5816659

NICE! I'm feeling the boom bap feel on this one. Loving the music drop outs, gave it character. Good Job!

Heres my flip for now. "Sampleflip - Keeping The Blade"
Use link below.

Real Ill drum work 2good...real Ill! The piano keys were a bit too "twinkly" for my taste on the first part, when they drop out the track beefs up, the keys in the latter part of the track had a better fit IMo.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
drama - intro sounds like some ER stuff. yeah this is cool. i like the flip. snare really has no hit to it. yeah this is militant. that kick is hard bro. i like that. nice flip.

I went back and added a snare/clap. You were right, it needed that. I stretched it out and put a nice 4 bar break down with a guitar at the beginning of the second verse. Came out pretty cool. I just may add this to my catalog of tracks.

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
Ice - This one was cool a little crazy on the intro which is always nice to go out the box... the chops and changes are cool...I could see you rippin this if you just took more time on it.

Lil Drama Boi - This beat is cool. The drums did sound a little weak and thought you could have gotten a little more outta the melody of the sample then what you used...same as ICE, I could see you rockin out this sample dope if you took more time...

2good- This beat is too much for me. The drums to me are overboard. the mix is way off. one of your kicks are muffled and some notes of the keys are off note. kind of just like a run-off beat...there is not structure...seems just like patterns put together and then you take out one melody and just add another patch..

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I went back and added a snare/clap. You were right, it needed that. I stretched it out and put a nice 4 bar break down with a guitar at the beginning of the second verse. Came out pretty cool. I just may add this to my catalog of tracks.

Post that up man. I wanna hear it.

2good - the chops are cool..drum work is hot but to me the drums don't fit the sample, just my opinion. the bassline is hot though. i wish you would of freaked the sample some more. those additional keys are cool. gets a little repetitive after a while might want to throw in some change ups.

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
here's mine. dusty, chunky drums and such:

http://beats.freedomwaters.com/playlist/gross worth Rendered.mp3

comments:

iceman - i like the detail in your claps. vampires are definitely brought to mind with this track.

lil drama boi - this is pretty tough. not really my style of track but very solid regardless.

low g- i'm feeling this. the drums are a little robotic in some parts though.

seoul P - i like this. it needs more of a bassline though.

spanish harlem - i like this. the kicks need some more presence to them. loving the snare though. i like what you composed along with the sample.

2good - i don't really like the drums. they sound very "stock" to me. the bass sound as well. the composition is strong, just not in love with the sounds.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
here's mine. dusty, chunky drums and such:

A little muffled sounding....I'm sure it's the bitrate though. This grooves! Got a live band feel to it. "funky". Everybody's on some diff't shit. Diff't but quality..yea...nice flips so far.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 152
LOW G - nice ryhtmn catchy keeps it goin, drums need to hit harder
Seoul P - like the drums and feel of the track man, the chopping of the strings
sounds sick and flows nice, only thing missing is an emcee i think
2good - the piano key parts - some sound bit out of place, the rest of beat is solid, has high energy and jumps out at ya
spanish harlem - sounds pretty good, drums need more presence like mercury said
mercurywaters - huge drums and groove, cudnt hear much of the sample but i liked it

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
A little muffled sounding....I'm sure it's the bitrate though. This grooves! Got a live band feel to it. "funky". Everybody's on some diff't shit. Diff't but quality..yea...nice flips so far.

yeah. the break i chopped was really shitty quality, so i dumbed everything else down to match it. i'm really starting to like that shitty quality sound for some reason though. lol.

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Seoul P - like the drums and feel of the track man, the chopping of the strings
sounds sick and flows nice, only thing missing is an emcee i think

Yup that's exactly what it need.

merc - yeah like LDB said, the drums sound dirty. but it like the flow of this. the bassline is cool. those added elements are cool. drums may be a little to wild for the melody you got goin on. but this is cool man.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
TADA-- This is a shitty 2 track version that I tried to make better using a shortcut instead of tracking it out like I shoulda, Also I had two ideas in mind and just said fuck it and threw em both in there.I know the kix sound waaaay off the mark where I wanted em , but hell it was sorta quick since I had lotsa crap goin on this weekend Ill try and fix it..But would value the opinions..
Also 2Good was right most of us seem to have grabbed the same part lol..Good ears!!!
https://www.illmuzik.com/vip/relic_blade.m3u

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
sick beat relic , love the looped strings , i wish i hadnt heard it before i did my flip , all im gonna be thinkin about is flipin the strings lyk u did

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
LDB- This is hot , can barely tell its the same song, thats a good flip!

LowG-I thot about a snare sound like that as well! ice and hiphop soundin.I like it!

Seoul-This is tight as well!I like the offbeat style..

Spanish-Its good, maybe could be rearranged around a lil more, but you did n 2 hours so I feel ya!

2Good- I liked it when I heard it , it wont open for me at work right now tho.

Merc-chunky, dirty, grimey,good,unreckonizable from the original, meaning good flip cuz i cant hear the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online