Weekly HipHop News (March 12th)

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Weekly HipHop News (March 12th)

Shyne Converts to Judaism

Jamaal Michael Barrow aka Shyne is legally changing his name to Moses Michael Leviy due to his loyal following of Judaism.
The Belize-born MC converted to Judaism while serving his jail sentence and even claims to be descended from the Ethiopian Jews.
Shyne hopes to be released from the upstate Clinton Correctional Facility next year.

Cam'ron Attacking At Jay-Z in Next Video

Cam'ron is going at Jay-Z again in his next video for Lick It Or Not/Wet Wipes, using comedian Jimmie "J.J." Walker as a Jay-Z lookalike.
In the video, J.J. Walker is dressed in a gold Roc-A-Fella chain, buttoned shirt and blue New York Yankees hat.
According to MTV, he's even seen stepping out of a Maybach wearing sandals and jeans, a reference to Cam'ron's previous diss lines.
Cam'ron is also seen taking J.J. Walker's girl, supposedly a Beyonce lookalike.
Cam'ron's album, Killa Season, is due May 9, the movie of the same name comes out on DVD on April 25.

Ghostface Killah adds New Track to 'Fishscale'

On the eve of his departure for tour and with mastering deadlines looming, Ghostface Killah has just emerged from the studio again, completing a last minute addition to Fishscale that may in fact prove to be the album’s second single. Entitled “Momma” and featuring Def Jam Recording’s latest signing - Brooklyn’s own Megan Rochell – the song finds Ghost bringing to life vivid tales of struggle over a soulful, sample-heavy track. With the final tracklisting now firmed up, Fishscale is set to hit stores on March 28.

New Biggie Movie Directed By Antoine Fuqua (Training Day)

Voletta Wallace, mother of slain rapper Christopher "Notorious B.I.G." Wallace, told AllHipHop.com in a recent interview that critically acclaimed director Antoine Fuqua well direct an untitled picture based on the life of the slain rapper.

The movie, which is funded by Fox/Searchlight Pictures, is being produced by Ms. Wallace and B.I.G.'s former managers, Wayne Barrow and Mark Pitts and will tell the life of the legendary Brooklyn rapper, who was gunned down Mar. 9, 1997 in Los Angeles, after attending a party by Vibe magazine at the Peterson Automotive Museum.

"The film [will be] directed by Antoine Fuqua - a very nice director. He's very talented," Ms. Wallace told AllHipHop.com. "Who is gonna play Biggie? I don't know yet. Who is gonna play me, I don't know yet. But we are in the process of casting now."

Fuqua has directed such critically acclaimed films as The Replacement Killers, the Bruce Willis driven Tears Of The Sun, and Training Day, which starred Denzel Washington, who won an Oscar for his role in the film.

Fat Joe to get dropped

Rumors are spreading that Atlantic Records is looking to pink slip the heavyweight Bronx bomber. After releasing the platinum Jealous Ones Still Envy in 2001, Joey Crack has failed to crack gold with 2002's Loyalty and 2005's All Or Nothing. Despite scoring a #1 with "Lean Back," Terror Squad's True Story also tanked. Rumor has it that Crack has been in talks with Asylum Records.

Ex Three 6 Mafia Member Jailed On Oscar Night

Former Three 6 Mafia member Koopsta Knicca was jailed and charged with assault and robbery this past Sunday (March 5).

Knicca (born Robert Phillips) was taken to Memphis' Shelby County Jail on the same day his former cohorts hit the stage at the Kodak Theatre in Los Angeles to perform the Oscar Award-winning song "It's Hard Out Here for a Pimp."

According to The Commercial Appeal, the 30-year-old rapper was scheduled to appear in court this morning (March 9) on charges of aggravated assault and aggravated robbery. He is accused of forcing his way into a Memphis home and robbing three people, from which he took a leather jacket, a diamond ring, a cell phone, and $7,000.

Knicca left Three 6 back in 2000, the same year he had been arrested and charged with domestic violence assault and aggravated burglary. Last Novermber, Knicca openly accused Three 6 of trying to blackball him.

"He is as talented as the best performers in the area," Cotton Row Recordings owner Nico Lyra told reporters. "He was constantly fighting demons... Trouble was constantly knocking on the door."

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
wow fat joe being dropped wud be great!!!!

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Antoine Fuqua is a good director...I just hope he does the Biggie movie justice. I'm curious to see who they cast as Biggie, probably an unknown. Thanks Rythmikal for another nice news update.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
not for the ground,,,dude would make a 9.8 on the rictor scale,,,okay,,back on topic
ha haaaa.....o man what a hooligan

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
no problem people, thanks for the props.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
5th Sequence said:
another secret weapon of the government...

The fat joe bomb.
They gotta strap Fat Joe to one of those "Gay Bombs" and drop him on Iraq. After the initial Fat Joe Bomb damage, Joe will rise from the wreckage horney as hell and start ass-raping all the insurgents and eatng all their food. We'll be out of Iraq in a week!

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
5th Sequence said:
another secret weapon of the government...

The fat joe bomb.

this is exactly why Roy Jones Jr didnt hit him during their confrontation.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
J-ReZyN said:
They gotta strap Fat Joe to one of those "Gay Bombs" and drop him on Iraq. After the initial Fat Joe Bomb damage, Joe will rise from the wreckage horney as hell and start ass-raping all the insurgents and eatng all their food. We'll be out of Iraq in a week!

LOL shit man i laughed so hard readin that. Imaginin fat joe runnin rampant an people with machine guns runnin away.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
J-ReZyN said:
I'm curious to see who they cast as Biggie, probably an unknown.

Guerrila Black?!

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
Guerrila Black?!
That could work. I wonder if he could act or if he would even do it since he's trying to seperate himself from the comparisons to Biggie. It would be interesting and ironic to see a west coast cat playing the Big man.

BIGGIE and GB.JPG