Weekly HipHop News (March 5th)

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
Weekly HipHop News (March 5th)

Fade put me on this to try to bring an end to some of the b/s posting (like the fab/mase post). As ALOT of ish goes down each week in the hip hop world, I have tried to feature only the important news that is worth hearing about. I will also shorten each story into nice quick reads, cutting out the irrelevant shit. If I have missed something, please post it. I'll do one of these each Sunday to round the week off.

Two Security Guards Shot At Kanye West's UK Concert

Kanye West's debut performance at the NEC Arena near Solihull in the UK was tainted by a shooting that left two security guards of the venue wounded.
According to police the incident started when a man was ejected for entering the concert without a ticket. The man later returned and fired four to eight shots at the security guards, striking a 45-year-old in the face, stomach and foot. The 45-year-old employee of the venue underwent an operation at an undisclosed hospital, while the second security guard suffered minor injuries. "Firearms were discharged and two stewards were taken to hospital with gunshot wounds. Their injuries are not believed to be life-threatening," West Midlands Police said in a statement. Over 12,000 people attended the concert and while police have two individuals in custody, officers said they were not significant arrests. Police are seeking a black male, aged 18-22, 5 foot 10 inches, who was accompanied by a black female.

Busta Rhymes Drops Controversial "Touch It" Remix Video

The video's production was first halted on February 5 when Busta's bodyguard Israel Ramirez was gunned down outside of Brooklyn, NY's Kiss the Cactus Production studio. Though he hasn't been cooperative with authorities, Busta recently took a trip to Los Angeles to finish the clip. Word is production went on without a hitch and filming was completed within one day. The video features Mary J. Blige, Missy Elliot, DMX, Lloyd Banks, Rah Digga and Papoose, who appear on the song's remixes. The songs are presently available at iTunes while the video will be up for sale March 7. The "Touch It" remix video will first premiere on Yahoo! Online and MTV's "Direct Effect" March 6. The clip will the launch on MTV's "TRL" the next day and is also slated to air on BET's "106 & Park" early next week. A date has yet to be confirmed.

Afrika Bambaataa and Chuck D Demand Accontability in Hip-Hop

Last Tuesday (February 22), the Supreme World Council of the Universal Zulu Nation held an emergency meeting to speak on the current state of rap music. Chuck D and Bambaataa blasted the media, particularly radio stations like New York's Hot 97 and Power 105, for "brainwashing" their listeners with their repetitive radio show playlists.
"If you're playing 50 Cent, we want to hear Common Sense," said Bambaataa. "If you play Missy Elliot, we want to hear Sonic Force. If you play Sean Paul, we want to hear Bob Marley." Chuck D suggested that hip-hop artists add a variety of sound to their music, speaking directly to rap stars such as Lil' Jon and the Ying Yang Twins.
"That's all you hear is a mixture of a thug life and children," said Chuck D. "How you going to make a club song and your marketing campaign is aimed at a 14-year-old? Why? A 14-year-old can't get into the goddamn club. And not only is it a club, it's a strip club. So what the hell does an 11-year-old who rushes home from school to turn on the radio or television know about strip clubs anyway?
"This is not a building full of bitter people, bitter old recording artists who are mad that their records ain't getting played on the radio anymore," he added. "This is a town meeting for the survival of people . Hip-hop is caught up in a time where one's worth and status are contingent upon money rather than a genuine love for the music."

Suge Knight Brings Death Row East

During Death Row's dominant run in early nineties, Knight expressed plans of launching Death Row East, but they were stalled after he was sentenced to nine years in prison when he violated his probation during a brawl that also involved Tupac Shakur in a Las Vegas hotel in September of 1996. "Everybody knows Lake is hot," said Knight who was with Lake when he made the announcement. "It speaks for itself. It's really important for me to sign somebody that can go back to their own neighborhood. My whole thing is that, far as the music business, it used to be fun. Its time for me to deal with people that don't tell on me and I don't tell on them." "We doing this for the streets" said Lake about the signing. "Death Row is back. The streets is ready, the penitentiary is ready. The foundation of what we doing [starts with] the music."Knight also divulged that he plans to add incarcerated rapper Shyne to the Death Row East roster.

Brooklyn MC Cooks Up J Dilla Tribute Song

The producer, also known as Jay Dee, passed away on February 10 after a battle with Lupus. Skyzoo is among a number hip-hoppers who have recently paid homage to the Detroit native.
On the song, the Brooklyn, NY wordsmith vividly details Dilla's production and credits the beat wizard for influencing his rap styles. "Without even knowing it homie, look how you shaped me/ I owe you every part of my flow, I grately/ appreciate every drum pattern you drew/every kick, every snare, every sample you looped," Sky offered over a soulful backdrop.

Transcript of Jay-Z’s Chat Session

Jay-Z had a chat session with fans over at Rocafella.com, check out the full transcript at http://www.hiphopgame.com/news.php3?id=1196

DMX To Release 'Year of the Dog' this Summer

DMX's "Here We Go Again" which was supposed to drop last year on Def Jam will be entitled "Year of the Dog."The album (released under Sony) will feature new material as well as some of the songs that were supposed to be on Here We Go Again. Year of the Dog is scheduled to come out sometime this summer; X is shooting the video for his new single, "We in Here," with photographer Jonathan Manion this week in Houston.
Part of the production will be handled by Swizz Beatz and Dame Grease.

Cassidy Is A Free Man

Cassidy was released from the Philadelphia's Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility on Thursday, according to his label. He is now on parole for an unspecified length of time.

B

Burna

damn man, nice post. Where you finding all this? LOL. None of the less, exllent post. I'll read it when i have time.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Good work, that Jay z chat transcript was interesting

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
This article bears repeating. There is too much bullshit in hip hop now-a-days. And I am letting it be known that I have a personal vendetta against the Black Eyed Peas for making that fuckin' Humps song. I can't believe they recorded that stupid, idiotic, non-hip hop piece of camel shit. I can't believe they are the same group that made "Joints and Jams". I guess that's just it, they aren't the same group anymore. Fuckin' pop, sell out, bunch of ass clowns.

Afrika Bambaataa and Chuck D Demand Accontability in Hip-Hop

Last Tuesday (February 22), the Supreme World Council of the Universal Zulu Nation held an emergency meeting to speak on the current state of rap music. Chuck D and Bambaataa blasted the media, particularly radio stations like New York's Hot 97 and Power 105, for "brainwashing" their listeners with their repetitive radio show playlists.
"If you're playing 50 Cent, we want to hear Common Sense," said Bambaataa. "If you play Missy Elliot, we want to hear Sonic Force. If you play Sean Paul, we want to hear Bob Marley." Chuck D suggested that hip-hop artists add a variety of sound to their music, speaking directly to rap stars such as Lil' Jon and the Ying Yang Twins.
"That's all you hear is a mixture of a thug life and children," said Chuck D. "How you going to make a club song and your marketing campaign is aimed at a 14-year-old? Why? A 14-year-old can't get into the goddamn club. And not only is it a club, it's a strip club. So what the hell does an 11-year-old who rushes home from school to turn on the radio or television know about strip clubs anyway?
"This is not a building full of bitter people, bitter old recording artists who are mad that their records ain't getting played on the radio anymore," he added. "This is a town meeting for the survival of people . Hip-hop is caught up in a time where one's worth and status are contingent upon money rather than a genuine love for the music."

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
H&R said:
He's stealing it lol j/k

www.hiphopgame.com

Thats where usually all the recent hip hop news gets posted up . . .

yeh lol im not writing these stories myself, they are from a range of websites. im just compiling them together so illmuzik heads can just have a quick look at the week and discuss.

sAfE.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
H&R said:
He's stealing it lol j/k

www.hiphopgame.com

Thats where usually all the recent hip hop news gets posted up . . .
he makes it up then it happens
So let it be written so let it be done...
Oh and the Black Eyed Peas thing,
Right on its hard to belive its the same group, I hope they are making good long term investments...

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Thanks Rythmikal! A damn nice compilation of articles. Keep it up. Respect!

members online