Weird Error

• beat this! voting starts in...

nonie

Kohie
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
After I exit out of FL Studio 6, I get this error:

Cannot create file "C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 6\System\Config\Browser\Snap1.scr. Access is denied.

And for some reason I can't save my new channels. Like for Sampletank or Waves effects, I have to keep hitting "more" and then checking them in order to use it. I thought that if you did it once, I would always come up on the channels list after that.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
also the thing about the channels is right but your assuming that fl studio remembers the changes you made after it crashes upon exit. which is what is happening.

I would have to assume that the "snap1.scr" file is corrupt and needs to be rectified. its actually referring to the Snap function within fl studio itself. Have you made a Preset *.flp file to auto load when you start fl studio? Try loading a new project with a different template and then save it and see if you get that error.

if nothings different then try deleting the Snap1.scr file after you BACK IT UP at "C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 6\System\Config\Browser\Snap1.scr"

as fl studio is recreating that file each time your saving it should be fine but if that doesn't work then I would have to assume your using vista. There is a possibility that vista believes that *.scr files are malicious and the User Access Control is preventing fl studio from saving any *.scr files. (*.scr files are common packages for Mal ware but not always). Im not saying that fl studio 6 has malware, what im saying is that vista may believe that that older version of fl studio files are no longer compatible.

If It is a UAC Problem with vista not allowing that file to be saved then I would recommend you disable your UAC. although simply doing that in vista manually is virtually impossible. There is a file you can download that will automatically do the extremely long string of commands for you. its called "InstallTakeOwnership.reg". just Google that name and you will be able to download it. ONLY INSTALL IT IF YOU HAVE VISTA. then restart your computer and then try fl studio.

If that doesn't work (which it should) then its time to get a newer version of fl studio which i would recommend anyways.

members online