Well it finally happened.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
after years of abuse. my harddrive crashed. everything is gone. had about 80 % backed up in my big harddrive. mostly beats and sounds lost. songs are still good on the other harddrive. i can just load those and recover the beats that way. it was on my xp machine.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
damn this happened to me a few months ago too. all i had backed up were my beats, but all sounds and mp3 library gone!! be sure to back up your external too. thats what i do now, because i had everything on external (macbook only had 80gb).

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Im sorry to hear that Tone, Ive been in the same situation and it def sucks ass.
They say your really only safe once you back your files up 3 times in the digital world, and the more I work with DAWs, HD's, and MPC's, the more I have to agree unfortunately.

You can never be too safe.
Its good you had about 80% backed up though. It could have been much worse.

Still, im sorry to hear that happened. Theres nothing more irritating then realizing your hard work has been vaporized and isn't coming back.

T

The Arkitekt

when my HD failed I tried to get something positive out of it. I completely forgot about my garbage beginner beats and started fresh with new better sounds and a new way of organizing my project files and samples/sounds. It actually turned out for the betta.

brb ima go delete all my shit lol.... syke

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
when my HD failed I tried to get something positive out of it. I completely forgot about my garbage beginner beats and started fresh with new better sounds and a new way of organizing my project files and samples/sounds. It actually turned out for the betta.

brb ima go delete all my shit lol.... syke

Mos def agree wit this:hurts to lose anything but u gotta keep of movin

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
I've been there too man, lost all my stuff the end of last fall. Definitely a set back, but try to look at the positives.

I looked at mine as a fresh start, cause if i didn't i would have been pissed off to no end. Always hard to lose material you've poured all your time and effort into.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
install windows onto another HD, plug in your crashed harddrive below it as a slave then just drag and drop files from the old HD to the new, and thats that. now you can reformat that old harddrive and put everything back (or throw it away)

MagnaOpera

Comes Equipped...
ill o.g.
install windows onto another HD, plug in your crashed harddrive below it as a slave then just drag and drop files from the old HD to the new, and thats that. now you can reformat that old harddrive and put everything back (or throw it away)
are you sure about that?

i know people who have paid thousands to try and have data recovered.. it can't be that easy!

T

The Arkitekt

are you sure about that?

i know people who have paid thousands to try and have data recovered.. it can't be that easy!

word, I took my failed HD and connected it to a SATA-USB adapter and the whole partition that had my shit on it just said it was not formatted and asked me to format

members online