Were is The Beat?

• beat this! voting starts in...

BeatAssassin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
When it comes to programming those hot drum patterns. How do you guys get your inspiration? We always talk about the melody or flipping a sample but what about those drums. I use to be in the P-Sec of my high school band. So drums are easy for me sometimes but I get lost soetimes try to get them hot. Track on the charts lately have incorporated much of this still of playing. The rapid snare rolls, toms, tenor drums, and rocking Bass drum. It even goes as far as Lil Jon using the "Talking Out the Side Of Your Neck" The Tuba section use to rock this in the stands. I just wanted to know what you guys take on this and how you continue to bring the neat on those drums?

mp3

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i get my inspiration from the drum sounds themselves. I make a simple pattern with some dummy samples, then replace samples until I get it right, then I make it more complex just feeding off of what I have so far. Guru is the best software for this.

O

open mind

i use layering and eqing, sometimes fx to make the drums unique.as for patterns i just hit them keys how i feel.i usualy create a 2 bar drum sequence.then i start fucking with the rest.

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i make the melody first than pick the best drums to go wit it than i hit them pads according to whatever i have laid that mpd does wonders

members online