What about Cubase?

I

Infamous_

What about Cubase? Anyone use it here is it good to make sample beats like what you use it for yea you got the vst's for it. Do you make sampled beats in it or no and why?

Good Looking

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You can made samples beats in any DAW .But it's best known for recording.Plus it's
known for crashing alot.

stjoeben

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i use cubase se for recording, no crashes. i use reason as my beatmaker but rewire it through cubase. i love it and have a friend who feels the same.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i use cubase.. well used it once, but its koo. i only use it when i feel like pullin out sampletank or sonic synth

Slamdino

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
We use it all the time. We do all our recording and mixing in it before it gets to the mastering stage. It is possible to make beats with some of the vst instruments that is time consuming. Its more for sequencing and recording. You can also do some editing in there but i prefer to use other programs like cool edit or soundforge for that......

Subconscious

ill o.g.
i use cubase myself just because i can move pretty quickly in it. u do need to add plugins to it for to really be effective but once u do its dope.

veon

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i used to use cubase but i switched to sonar and for me its brilliant. crashes alot though :(

mikemat

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I use Cubase for everything even if its rewiring reason through it. I can achieve anything through cubase that any other DAW can and more. Anyone that says its not good seriously doesn't know how to use it.

jaezmuzik

ill o.g.
I use Cubase for recording most times. Mainly I track from my MPC to Cubase. i also use plugin's like Sampletank 1 and 2, Korg Legacy, and a few others. Rewiring Reason 3.0 Is good as well. Alot of my beats are made either with just the MPC or the MPC and Reason, other times it's on a need basis.

Rackoon

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I started making beats with FL, then Reason and now Im using Cubase sx3...

I was fed up of the quality of Reason's sound engine and of Rewiring stuff to Cubase...So I decided to do everything In Cubase and never looked back..

Mixing in Reason and FL was giving me headaches, but now with SX3 I can acheive better sounding mixes and also my workflow got easier..

And with all the Audio editing and Audio quantize/warp functions, you have a powerful DAW that excels in MIDI and Audio manipulation.

The only thing that made Cubase crash on me was VSTi plugins that werent updated correctly....
I have a feeling my problem should be RAM related and not from cubase...

"Cubase 4" with the multiple CPU cores updates should be dope on a quad-core machine!!!!

DJ EThical

ill o.g.
I just got cubase and now have. Cubase, Audacity, acid 6, and FL studio 8 producer edition. which ones do i need to keep. Cubase is the only one i got legally.

I use Cubase for everything even if its rewiring reason through it. I can achieve anything through cubase that any other DAW can and more. Anyone that says its not good seriously doesn't know how to use it.

Cubase didnt used to be the industry standard DAW for nothing.
Its a real serious DAW, especially since SX.
There is just more competition these days, nowadays it comes down to personal preference.

I just got cubase and now have. Cubase, Audacity, acid 6, and FL studio 8 producer edition. which ones do i need to keep. Cubase is the only one i got legally.

Then thats the one you want to keep, lol