what are sum good external hard drives?

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i gonna pick one up i see maxtor and lacie. are they pretty much the same. i am looking to spend $200 or less..

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
i would go with the maxtor got one myself too, no problems so far plus maxtor is a known name in the computer hardware, i only once or twice heard about lacie, so dont know it's quality...

O

open mind

maxtor is having some troubles with lots of hardrives lately i recommend external hardrive from seagate or western digital if u want to be on the safe side.good luck.

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i seen a seagate 160gb that should be good. question though would fl studio run ok if i put it on the external hard drive with all my sounds and all my plug-ins. also i gonna put acid 4.0 and cool edit on it too. or should i leave all programs on my computer hard drive and just put all my sounds and beats on the external?

ill o.g.
I've got a Seagate.

I put all my sounds and beats on the external and all my programs on my computer, but putting programs on the external sounds like a pretty good idea...just don't know if it's feasible.

If I were to repurchase an external I'd get one that wasn't so damn loud though.

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yes, Maxtor HDD are crap. That everyone says!

I'm looking to buy WD 250Giga HDD 7200, with metal case USB , for about 150 USD!

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
quick question - is Firewire recomended or is USB 2.0 good enough?

anything else I need to know before copping one?

thanks fam

diskrete

Roving Beat Maker
ill o.g.
i just bought a western digital my book 250 gig hard drive from best buy for $130 and im fine with it

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
can some one tell me what is better to take for USB disk

ATA/Serial ATA / Serial ATA II ??

I need good usb disk, but maybe some day i will but the HDD in some PC configuration in a year or so..

members online