What Beat Types Do You Prefer

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I'm no producer at the moment, but I prefer beats that leave room for vocals, are melodic and are not "busy" and don't OD on sample chopping.

arta

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 15
Top of my list are:

1) Sampled old school beats: beats from producers like Havoc, Rza, Alchemist, Pete Rock, and Primo. I like similar styled beats from cats like Kanye and Just Blaze, but there's something simple and amazing from those older cats that just make hiphop what it is. Primo chops beats the same way Gza raps, with that effortless stop and start that still flows. Anything with vocals and strings does it for me.

2) Beats with 80's style synths. Big fan of movies and I like Tangerine Dream/ Mass Effect type soundtrack, so I'm into those type of Drake chill tracks, as long as they don't go too crazy with the dubstep wobble, crazy buzzing.

2) Dancehall. I am from Trinidad, so that's a given. :)

I am big fan of psybient (think Shpongle or Ethnogenic), psytrance, IDM - basically synths with a touch of organic sounds. It greatly influenced how I perceive Hip-Hop. I like anything from sampling (like on latest Bada$$ album), old vibes mixed with electronic sounds (Impossible Kid). I also appreciate good trap. I think there's a lot that can be done with the genre and I'm sad that lots of it relies on exactly the same sounds... Some nice Rhodes, piano. Production on Cage - The Hunt is dope IMO. Well, I kind of went all over the place. I also like vibes that are put out by P.Soul or Origami Beats (YouTube channels).

Hello guys! I want to suggest some beats to all of you. Rap instrumental beats, hip hop instrumental beats, boombap, trap beats, RnB beats, dirty south beats. All these are good for music.

I like all types of Hip Hop, but when I think of classic beats I always prefer old sample heavy songs or boom bap. Definitely I like the newyork premo ATCQ sound but also love that dr dre west coast sound. I don't mind more modern trap but after a while the songs all seem to become the same with little variation. TBH anything can be great if its unique. Combining genres, using weird sounds and obscure samples are what i think is the best now. The dance hall and afrobeat influence now is also dope in rap.

DJ Anonymous

Battle Points: 8
I like to create my beats with my own sound. All the beats I have been making just go with how I feel at the time and just put my fingers to the keyboard or drum pad. I have created beats for all genres. Now I am trying to get the feel of mixing and mastering them to clean up the sound. My favorite though is combining hip hop and other international sounds.