What can I get

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
A scouter...

Some real expensive pair of sunglasses...

A used car, if you dont have one...

Come on man, be more specific, lol...

What are you working with, what software do you use, if any, what hardware do you already have... your question is way too vague...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
And do you want to go the hardware way (using hardware as sequencer to make your overall work), or you're just asking?

And for how long have you been doing this? (yes, it is important...)

O

open mind

get a yamaha motif!a pad controller,and old records!!!!!

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
if you're going hardware, cop you a "mpc". i hear the "2500" is pretty dope. haven't gotten a chance to mess with it. that will be your centerpiece. a dope keyboard (motif, fantom, etc.) and a lot of vinyl. that's the basics. i mean, it's all on what you're going to feel comfortable with. it doesn't neccesarily have to be the "mpc", there are other options. go to you local "guitar center" or pro audio store and have the employees give you a quick demo with the stuff you're interested in. then, go in on your own and mess with them as much as you can. that should help you on your decision. don't go and just buy something because someone tells you it's hot, because then if you don't like it, you'll be ready to get rid of it and i'm quite sure you don't have money to waste.

Bobby Ffitch

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
why not look at the 4000? if you have that much money...

or go classic and look at a 2000.

i would get one of those and then get you a nice triton rack or some other module, some nice tts/tt mixer if you dont have em, a nice mixer, monitors, etc.

if you have some money left over, get yourseld a really nice comfortable chair to make beats in. i often wish i had a nicer one. i found mine on the street with a sign that said free on it. seriously.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
First of all read the guide below which is totally FREE. You need to understand how eveything works. Dont tell me u know this and u know that cause if u did u wouldnt ask that question at top. You may know somethings not sayin u dumb but learn to read more before investing. Trust me you will thank me in the long run.

Nicole

Read the guide dont just click the link. I'll know if u read it.

http://www.tweakheadz.com/guide.htm

DaFuture

ill o.g.
mpc 2500=$2000
Numark pt-01=$100
Vinyl=$400
Motif keyboard=$1000
Maudio firewire interface=$300
M-audio Bx5's-$115
A new computer=900
and the rest is on cables and headphones

Slamdino

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i cosign da futures setup advice and add some nice outboard compressors/eqs to phatten up the sound and u will be set. But really you should go check out some gear at guitar center or something to see what suits you beat making style

robb_lowe

Akai Till I Die...
ill o.g.
ColossusBeatfix said:
why not look at the 4000? if you have that much money...

or go classic and look at a 2000.

i would get one of those and then get you a nice triton rack or some other module, some nice tts/tt mixer if you dont have em, a nice mixer, monitors, etc.

if you have some money left over, get yourseld a really nice comfortable chair to make beats in. i often wish i had a nicer one. i found mine on the street with a sign that said free on it. seriously.

i would have said the 4000 but i was trying to help him get as much gear as he could. but yeah, the 4000 is a beast. i own that and the 2xl. i gave the xl to my younger brother because it was just sitting there. but yeah, if you'd like, cop the 4000. it has some decent effects, you can keygroup your samples. there's tons of stuff on there. but, like i said, it's all on what you're comfortable with. hope this helps you a little...

TheDeen

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Numark pt-01=$100
M-audio Bx5's-$115
A new computer=900
and the rest is on cables and headphones

I would NOT do the above. Instead of (or in addition to) the Numark PT-01, get a good Technics 1200/1210 deck (or two)

Spend AT LEAST one g on monitors. Get good headphones as well. Look into the Sennheiser HD-280s.

There was actually a guide on BeatTalk that was for a similar budget. It's kinda dated but it still has some good insights.

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Co-sign with TheDeen. Dont go buy some nice expensive gear and cheap out on monitors. I wouldnt even recommend u the BX5's if u have enough money to get something else. If u were on a budget then i would say check those out but with 5k at least get some good monitors.

members online