What can you do without?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
There's always questions like "what's your favorite piece of gear", or "what piece of gear can't you live without?", but what about:

What can you do without? For your recording setup, of course.

Me: I actually slimmed a lot of stuff down already so there's nothing right now I'd get rid of, but I did get rid of extra VSTs that I wasn't using.

TriKRaps

Whats life without hip-hop?
Battle Points: 4
There's always questions like "what's your favorite piece of gear", or "what piece of gear can't you live without?", but what about:

What can you do without? For your recording setup, of course.

Me: I actually slimmed a lot of stuff down already so there's nothing right now I'd get rid of, but I did get rid of extra VSTs that I wasn't using.
Well my hardware gear is just headphones midi and a mic so i cant really get rid of anything, but from software i could get rid some limiters and compressors i never use

A

Alvaro

hmm..I think drum samples , or maybe just samples in general would be a place to start. In terms of gear, I think if things got desperate a midi keyboard, laptop and some headphones would be ok.

Overall I think the collection of samples and vst's can become addictive and lead to having huge quantities of these..some of which may not get used very often.