What do u wanna know about FL?

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
I've been using fl for about 7 years now, so if anyone has a question i can probably answer it. I'm making some video tutorials, n im taking requests...i wish i had someone to teach me when i first started, so i'm glad 2 help anyone that needs it.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
not a user, however, i have a client that comes to the studio (we use pt 8 and cubase 5) that raps and makes his tracks in FL. the problem is that he's a newbie to recording which means, like a lot of other hip hop acts/rappers/beatmakers that book time, he brings '2 tracks' instead of tracked out elements of the beat, making it hard to get a good (or even a mediocre) mix after recording.

because every daw has a different method to do this, sometimes multiple methods, i can't definitively tell him what to do as my experience for this action is regulated to cubase (C5 and prior to them making it easier), pt, logic, and sonar.

so, if possible, could i get a simple and easy explanation and steps for the best method to export each track in a sequenced beat made in FL. easy for me to explain due to my lack of knowledge on how FL does it and due to english being a 2nd language for my client.

2infamouz

ill o.g.
not a user, however, i have a client that comes to the studio (we use pt 8 and cubase 5) that raps and makes his tracks in FL. the problem is that he's a newbie to recording which means, like a lot of other hip hop acts/rappers/beatmakers that book time, he brings '2 tracks' instead of tracked out elements of the beat, making it hard to get a good (or even a mediocre) mix after recording.

because every daw has a different method to do this, sometimes multiple methods, i can't definitively tell him what to do as my experience for this action is regulated to cubase (C5 and prior to them making it easier), pt, logic, and sonar.

so, if possible, could i get a simple and easy explanation and steps for the best method to export each track in a sequenced beat made in FL. easy for me to explain due to my lack of knowledge on how FL does it and due to english being a 2nd language for my client.

i guess i don't understand the question, you want each track exported as a seperate file?

2infamouz

ill o.g.
thank god! i hate fl studio so much been i wanna learn it just cuz it pisses me off i dont know i use cubase and buy my own vsts. but like pretty much do a tuturoail on how you make the beat. how to organize it all.

thanks

yeah ill have it up n the next couple days

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I'm not ayr0n, but to track out each track in FL Studio..

You basically have to render each track separately into wav files.

You'd have to solo each individual track...then render to WAV.

To solo the tracks, on the sequencer, there's a little green dot/light on the left side of the sequencer, right click it and click "solo" and it would solo the track...

hanayalator

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 11
I'm not ayron either, but I think you can export all of the tracks in a song just through the export page. Tell your client to go to the page where he normally exports to mp3. Change the setting to wav, and click on the box that says 'split mixer tracks'. Then when you export all of the tracks will be in wav, separated, and named whatever you have them named in your project.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
I'm not ayr0n, but to track out each track in FL Studio..

You basically have to render each track separately into wav files.

You'd have to solo each individual track...then render to WAV.

To solo the tracks, on the sequencer, there's a little green dot/light on the left side of the sequencer, right click it and click "solo" and it would solo the track...

theres a way easeir way than that....

like hay said, in the export page, you gotta click on seperate each track. it will seperate it based on the channels in your mixer. you just gotta make sure each sampler is in a different mixer track....

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
I'm not ayron either, but I think you can export all of the tracks in a song just through the export page. Tell your client to go to the page where he normally exports to mp3. Change the setting to wav, and click on the box that says 'split mixer tracks'. Then when you export all of the tracks will be in wav, separated, and named whatever you have them named in your project.

respect

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
7thangel: if the guy is not using the mixer at all, you can:
- Open the mixer (F9)
- Select all channels (Right-click (hold) and drag down the Channel Selectors to make multiple selections)
- Go on the 1st Mixer track and link all channels to one mixer track starting from the 1st (Shift+Ctrl+L)

Now all you channels are linked to 1 mixer track and you can render in wav and 'split mixer tracks'...

Shazam!

2infamouz

ill o.g.
thank god! i hate fl studio so much been i wanna learn it just cuz it pisses me off i dont know i use cubase and buy my own vsts. but like pretty much do a tuturoail on how you make the beat. how to organize it all.

thanks

members online