What do you do after everything?

MeLoDrUmMaDiLL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ok..we got everything sequence out..beat done. voilaa...so instead of layering/painting it out on the playlist and mixing it..i wanna sort of export it track by track..instrument by instrument..outside of FL..how do i do it? track by track..instrument by instrument..same arrangement as i do on the playlist except that i wanna mix it in a diff platform and i dont want to screw the tempo and all that up...tried doin it and mixing in cool edit..i got confuse and f*** everything up..so whats the best way to do and what software yall recommend i mix in as a starter? thankx..

cheerz!

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
map it out in the playlist then mute everything u dont want to hear and export (Example: mybeatPiano.mp3, mybeatsnare.mp3, etc etc) hope that helped

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
most people use fruityloops cuz they dont have high end equipment with midi capabilities. i dont know son im just assuming. good idea though

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
I wish you would've just read this forum more actively :D
This subject been talked about thousand times.

ALL JOKES ASIDE I NEVER READ THE MANUAL, I AINT EVEN KNOW HOW TO USE THE PLAYLIST TIL I GOT TO 5 (LITERALLY MIND BLOWING), THATS HOW I AM. I READ THE FL MANUAL WHEN I GOT 6 JUST TO REFINE MY SKILLS, BUT I LIKE TO DEVELOP MY OWN METHODS FOR SHIT AND THEN EXPAND, I STILL AINT READ THE MPC 2500 MANUAL. HONESTLY I DONT NEED TO KNOW ALL THAT EXTRA SHIT, THE BASICS WORK. I MAKE THE REST WORK FOR ME. I RECENTLY DISCOVERED MPC-FORUMS, SO I CHECK THAT OUT EVERY ONCE AND A WHILE AND ILL EVENTUALLY DOWNLOAD THE 2500 MANUAL BUT WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I COULDNT WAIT TO MAKE TRACKS, I WAS HUNGRY AND I JUMPED ON IT.Che

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Guevara: Yeah same thing over here man. I started making beats with trackers and the transition to using fruity was hard as hell. I was just so stuck and familiar with the tracker side of things. But I've ever read the manual either and I'm quite sure that I use the playlist in a fuck'd up way but hey, it works for me.

To starter of the topic: There's multiple ways of doing things and it's good that you ask things, but next time you might wanna make topic with clearer topicname so that the hungry newbies will find what they looking for easily.

paradigmshifter

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Mix in FL!!! Master in FL!!!

ok..we got everything sequence out..beat done. voilaa...so instead of layering/painting it out on the playlist and mixing it..i wanna sort of export it track by track..instrument by instrument..outside of FL..how do i do it? track by track..instrument by instrument..same arrangement as i do on the playlist except that i wanna mix it in a diff platform and i dont want to screw the tempo and all that up...tried doin it and mixing in cool edit..i got confuse and f*** everything up..so whats the best way to do and what software yall recommend i mix in as a starter? thankx..

cheerz!

Bounce to .wav and "split mixer tracks" to individual channels... that's it! BOUNCE TO 16-bit WAV (don't use the 32-bit option if you want to use the files with Pro-Tools, don't bounce to mp3 (that would be retarded)... and don't dither at this point... do HQ mode...
Note: make sure each element is assigned an individual channel or this will not work as intended... if you have FX on the send channels, keep in mind that they are SENDS and will be bounced as an individual track so the channels that were sending signal to those FX will sound dry after you bounce them...
If you are importing the stems to Pro-Tools, don't include the channel that says MASTER... thats the whole f**king song and if you are having someone else work on it they'll realize you are a idiot!

718 said:
wouldnt it be better just to save it as a .midi file to mix on somthin diff???

What!!! did you even read the question??? whatta f**k are you going to do with a MIDI file???

Anyways...
My question to you is... why??? unless you absolutely need to lay your beat on a different platform to carry it over to say Pro-tools for a studio recording session... I don't really see a reason to do this... my suggestion to your last question: - "what software yall recommend i mix in as a starter?" - I would recommend you start with FL to mix...
*** Bottom line is, if the track is not sounding good in FL, bouncing it .wav and putting it in Pro-Tools, Cubase or whatever is not going to suddenly improve the sonic quality of the piece... in other words YOU CAN'T POLISH A TURD MANG, YOU DIG...

check out my stuff, 100% composed, arranged, mixed and mastered with FL Studio 7...
www.myspace.com/sonicparadigmshift

Peace.1.Respekt

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Why is the same answer being repeated over and over in this Thread???

I guess they are just trying to make sure he understands. LOL!

members online