What do you do, when a reputable Indie label requests beat from you?

Font

Producer / Sound Designer
ill o.g.
What do you do, when a reputable Indie label requests beats from you?

I ask this question because I have just been approached by Skyblaze Recordings (Goepele). Theo Rodrigues is a guy (A&R) who shops for beats, that either sparks up ideas or become full tracks for Goepele's projects.

Let me first stated that I initially sent a message to Goepele's myspace. I was so surprised and excitied when I received a reply. I want to know if anyone has had an opportunity like this, and what went do; do you give beats without any formal agreement?

Font

Producer / Sound Designer
ill o.g.
4SHO! Y'all are my people! But in the mean while, I need to play my cards right with regards to building a health relationship with Skyblaze.

Thank you Relic for the comments!

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Try to get what you are worth but I would recommend not being too greedy about things. Hopefully they offer decent terms and aren't trying to get a beat for a ridiculously low price. Cuz then it turns into like.. do I possibly strain this new business relationship by trying to ask for more? Or do I just accept this lowball offer in hopes it builds my portfolio and opens new doors and opportunities.

Good luck bro!! illmuziks pullin for ya

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Try to get what you are worth but I would recommend not being too greedy about things. Hopefully they offer decent terms and aren't trying to get a beat for a ridiculously low price. Cuz then it turns into like.. do I possibly strain this new business relationship by trying to ask for more? Or do I just accept this lowball offer in hopes it builds my portfolio and opens new doors and opportunities.

Good luck bro!! illmuziks pullin for ya

co sign.