What do you say on 1-1 drum pattern?

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
What do you say, can 1-1 beat, be too heavy for listening??
With 1-1 i mean: ( bkick-snare-bkick-snare...) ...with very few drum breaks .

I have done such beat and its ready for heavy airplay. Drum is preety punchy, simple bk – snare, guitar bass (distorted) mellody is in first plan and its pretty catchy. (something like ...99problems but more melodic)
All song is pretty raw and ruff. It's named RAW, so that explains all.

But now, I am to afraid if that kind of drum pattern could sound to heavy ??
Or maybe it will sound different..special maybe?
Should I risk it and leave it like it is ...?

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Nick Diamond said:
What do you say, can 1-1 beat, be too heavy for listening??
With 1-1 i mean: ( bkick-snare-bkick-snare...) ...with very few drum breaks .

I have done such beat and its ready for heavy airplay. Drum is preety punchy, simple bk – snare, guitar bass (distorted) mellody is in first plan and its pretty catchy. (something like ...99problems but more melodic)
All song is pretty raw and ruff. It's named RAW, so that explains all.

But now, I am to afraid if that kind of drum pattern could sound to heavy ??
Or maybe it will sound different..special maybe?
Should I risk it and leave it like it is ...?

wait untill a showcase an post a beat you've made with this technique so i can better understand what your doing.. ct

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I'm concuring with my man Chrono.
Post it in the showcase and we'll know what you'r talking about.

What i feel just by reading about it that it can sound to mechanical.. To techno if you will..
But you'll never know..

Later man

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Allright, can I put link to the snippet on soundclick here ?
Or should I waith till new thread in Showcase section?

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I did it.

Check link in Showcase, and on Soundclick check out short snippet "Raw" on which I been working lately...

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yap!
,..if drum pattern is simple (too simple), then bass line must by the one who will pull it out, ..so track doenst sounds boring...

I guess I also pull it off with my one ....check out snippet "Raw" on www.soundclick.com/nmc

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Many Dr Dre beats are done based on 1-2...with a small changeup though.....or 1-1 like you are calling it..... Rockwilder....lots of hip hop beats done simple that were behind hit records.......but the thing is those DRums have to be full and bangin....and like was said the bass line must also be full and work with the bassdrum and also the other instrument melody, if you are making hip hop your drums and bass must drive the music.....if the beat is dope there are no rules man as far as the pattern and complexity of it....a consistent rhythm is usually what is needed for the emcee if thats who the intent of the song is for.

Nick Diamond

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
i asked about it (1-1) drum pattern, 'couse artist, for which i made the beat, was worried about it and I never think about it. I just make music based on that, what is good for my ear.
But she put worm of doubt in me and i had to ask, just to calm myself down.
And truth is. a lot od hit singles have exact drum pattern.
I just listened Kool and The Gang (Get Down On it)..or any track of them, Warren G - Lookin At you, Cypress Hill - LIFE,...they all have that same simple drum pattern.

Now i can elaborate to that artist ,and finally sleep peacefully.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Nick Diamond said:
i asked about it (1-1) drum pattern, 'couse artist, for which i made the beat, was worried about it and I never think about it. I just make music based on that, what is good for my ear.
But she put worm of doubt in me and i had to ask, just to calm myself down.
And truth is. a lot od hit singles have exact drum pattern.
I just listened Kool and The Gang (Get Down On it)..or any track of them, Warren G - Lookin At you, Cypress Hill - LIFE,...they all have that same simple drum pattern.

Now i can elaborate to that artist ,and finally sleep peacefully.
Exactly, now study your hip hop and use the formulaz and build your own house..and make music.

members online