What do you think about music file-sharing?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I think mp3 help people to get known all over the world. How could someone from the States know about artists from foreigh countries (like Canada). I bought a lot of albums from artist I would have never known, but from the net...

zone

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
copenhagen, cry me a fucking river. other people might like 4 other songs on the album. some people might like all the songs on the cd. just because you might get left sour with some songs that you dont like doesnt give you the right to download illegal copies of it. why don't you stop trying to make up excuses for what you do and just say "i feel like i have a god given right to get any music, software, and movie that i want for free!"

the choice of DVD's, Video Games etc etc...and what would you rather buy?

obviously if you're pirating music on the internet you've decided which form of entertainment you want, and have decided that the artists shouldn't be compensated accordingly.

No wonder they've lost in sales...cause people are buying other stuff too.

this might come as a shock to you, but home movies and video games have been around for a long time. no shit people are buying other stuff. less than 5% of the u.s. population buys any given record these days.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
zone said:
obviously if you're pirating music on the internet you've decided which form of entertainment you want, and have decided that the artists shouldn't be compensated accordingly.

thats dumb... artists arent' compensated by cd sales...

i vote zone as most annoying new member, your racking up those bullshit self rightous you know more than others type posts really quick....

keep up the good work

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
honestly, the riaa isreally missing out by suing everyone..... a smart, savvy suit would find a way to use this to their advantage.... but they stay sleeping...

although..... i dont see where actual piracy benifits an artist, outside of building a buzz for a new album-IF the material is good.

its a benifit for young artists, as is however....

M

MIKELABZ

zone said:
that's bullshit. you can't measure the "quality" of music. its all subjective. if you're out of touch with the shit artists are making these days, it's probably because you aren't the target audience of pop music anymore.

and fade, what happened to "No posts related to warez, p2p programs, or offers of distributing software." shame on you.

THE FUCK ARE U TALKING ABOUT? DID U EVEN READ WHAT I POSTED? ITS BEEN A KNOWN FACT THAT THE RIAA HAS BEEN COST CUTTING AT THE SAKE OF QUALITY FOR QUANTITY. THATS NOT EVEN POP MUSIC, HIP HOP, ROCK, COUNTRY, AND W/E ELSE. SURE ITS SUBJECTIVE BUT THE SUBJECT ISNT ON WHETHER OR NOT I AM THE TARGET OF THEIR MUSICAL EXPLOITATIONS, ITS ON HOW THE MP3 HAS ULTIMATELY CHANGED THE WAY THE RIAA HAS TO DEVELOPE THEIR MUSICAL INTERESTS TO FIT THE CONSUMER. AUTOMATICALLY WHEN UR WEAKNESS IS SINGLED OUT IN MP3'S YOU HAVE TO MAKE MOVES TO ENSURE UR PUTTING OUT GOOD QUALITY MP3'S BECAUSE THE PUBLIC WILL USE EXTREME SCRUTINY TO JUDGE EACH AND EVERY ONE.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Man I miss this site called Cipher Divine, back about 3 or 4 years ago...maybe 5..LOL anyhow they had all kinda shidd to download, all of the underground stuff, Prince Paul unrealeased stuff a lot of latin Hip Hop....anyone remember Cipher Divine or if there is another site like it, i remember Polo Ricans, Thurston Howl tha 3rd....

C

Copenhagen

Zone, I ain't crying you a fucking river, cause whatever they do ain't no problem for me, cause I don't download shit. I get my music legally.
However, that doesn't mean I don't have an opinion. Also, most of my points were based on a long article by somebody in an association closely related to the RIAA, who did not like the way things were run, who made statistics and stuff like that and found out that things were not as bad as RIAA made it seem, and also argumented that the approach the RIAA has isn't pro-active and that they could make money of this instead of trying to stop the technical revolution.
One last thing, go bitch somewhere else. Don't come at anyone on this board like you just did with me, or that will be your last minute on here. We don't tolerate shit like that.
Respect other members and address them in a proper manner.

Peace

members online