What do you think fl needs to change

jstoddart

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
saw this thread on the fl forums and thought it would be interesting to hear what yo'll think needs to change in FL .. here is a list of mine :

1. get rid of the blocks in the pattern sequencer
2. GET RID OF FL CHAN!!! PLEASE ..
3. improve audio recording
4. Bigger mixer .. like reason/cubase ..
5. a new ui . MAYBE NEW SKINS
6. improve fl keys and boobass
7. oh and the most famous one - improved stock sdounds lol!!

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
1. There are lots of block/pattern based sequencer. But I do perfer the sequencer in Reason and Podium.

2. Why, if you dont like her. Dont use her.

3. Yea, the audio recording can be better, tho its not entirely bad.

4. I dont use FL anymore but from what I recall, the mixer is pretty damn big. Actually when you need to scroll along the mixer that might be TOO big, but whatever. It can be improved, but bigger -- no.

5. New UI after the same general interface for how many years? IDK, maybe you mean an updated look and not changing the layout, if thats the case then okay -- yea it can use an updated look to the skin, but without changing the UI structure.

6. Those are plugin's and if you change that then old songs that use the old plugins will sound different (bad). Seems like Imageline just makes new plugin's and use them as a reason to make a new FL Studio anyway, so maybe they would new of those.

7. Some new sounds can be added, but the issue with the old sounds share the same with the old plugins issue in number 6.

But, really with both 6 and 7, these are just starters -- FL Studio is meant to be newbie friendly, but if you REALLY doing something, you should have your own plugins and sounds -- so default sounds, effects, instruments and even presets shouldnt be an issue in that case.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
There are still a lot of things that I don't know about FL so bare with me, some things may be possible and i just dont know them but here goes...

1. You should be able to set what opens when you choose a "new project" for instance... the first thing I do with every song is open edison in track 20 on the mixer.

2. You should have the option to delete multiple patterns in the sequencer instead of one at a time. Same with patterns in your playlist section.

3. Every now and then I'll do a project with a ton of layering and my pattern window can get very large. There should be a way of opening multiple pattern windows if they start getting too large.

4. New and better sounds would be a plus but if they would just correct those that they have, it would mean more to me. The 5-String bass is a great addition to FL but the notes dont stay in key, so you have to modify the note to make it stay in key and thats fuggin crazy when it should be perfect at the start!

I got others but thats all i can think of now... I will post some more later.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Honestly...I wouldn't change a lot....

I would request FL be more responsive to MIDI controllers (like reason)

I would recommend upgrades to the UI in terms of its look...

The simplicity is the reason for it's success...So keep it the way it is...

I've never really encountered many issues with it...In terms of it's stock sounds...who cares????? The availability of outside VST/DX is what makes it such a beast....stock sounds are more for the people who start making music the first time and need sounds to use to get started...but if you're serious about it, I wouldn't recommend using the stock sounds (unless you're a genius at manipulating sound).

It's almost too easy to use, IMO...I guess that's why people call it "cheating"

members online