What do you think will be the next big thing?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
When it comes to hardware, software, or anything recording-related?

For example, I would say something like Maschine/Renaissance is a huge thing for making beats. What's next?

iLL Brutez

1st Post :D

Since I'm new to the world of producing/song-creation... and I'm a madd scientist, I'd say the world of the IPAD is where I see the game changing immensely in that amatuers/professionals alike have access to the same tools/concepts utilized back in the day of analogue to create complete digital masterpieces. To each his own, the tool is merely a tool to express the heart & soul of the artist. Though the market has & will continue to be flooded with a multitude of young aspiring musicians, the truth shall remain that the next big thing is the first big thing... that drive/persistence to grow as an artist with no set deadline on the path to fame, but rather the embrace of the journey on the road to musical enlightenment, 1 step at a time to reach that 10,000 mile stretch that so little a veteran/starving artist get to see ;)

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I agree. There's been a lot of products centering around the iPad. There's even an app so you can control your DAW wirelessly. Crazy stuff.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
i guess something in the realms of cloud-producing. maybe some techniques that further alleviate producing professionally sounding music for non-musicians via key and groove extraction. also i could imagine someone coming up with an alternative controller type, making chord structures and scales easier to understand and to control for non-musicians. non of these are revolutionary ideas, however, i'd also love to have an integrated midi keyboard / software combo, that teaches me music theory and playing songs with lit keys and small rewards when i do something right, because i'm a lazy bastard. it would have to be called pavlov and slap me in the head every once in a while.

members online