What do you use for mastering your tracks?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
8.5 what? What are they measuring. And again I don't care how loud it gets if it sounds like shit and the L3 does not sound near as good as other options.

I still don't understand how you can compare a bundle of plugins that waves has been building over 15 years to a young company like izotope.

This is becoming a PT versus Logic/Cubase/etc. discussion....

I have both....

I use Ozone to just make it louder (gotta keep up with the jonses)..I don't like it that much.

I use Waves and the standard PT plugins, which to me are very awesome and underrated in my opinion.

Klangboks

ill o.g.
Thanks for all the replies, people.
Agree with dacalions remark about what people will refer to as "mastering".
Basically I want it to be loud and kickin' so it will match the loudness level of other songs online (please don't start argument about the loudness war), and to make sure nothing will sound odd when applying limiting.
Some years ago I spent a day at Norways finest mastering studio, so I know the process, I've seen the gear and I've spoken to the pros. I could never match the result of what they could achieve. But it's not what I'm after, anyway. Should have been more clear about that when I started the thread.
Great forum, by the way. Dedicated people :) Cheers to all of you.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah Klangboks, for the most part dp and I have these great debates and honestly we do it for the fun of it. dp has been around alot more gear than I have been but my i.q. is 50 points higher than his...LMAO! Anyway, you started a very good thread, some cats would rather display their intellect and knowledge rather than seeing what you're really asking. I think it's cool that you want to learn mastering for your own purposes. All the programs named along this thread are really good starting tools, once you play around with mastering, you can decide which way to proceed on your own.

iZotope Ozone is very user friendly and a helluva lot cheaper than Waves so I would suggest you look into it. The presets are really awesome and will give you instant results. Once you play around with it and see how it works, you'll be able to make adjustments to enhance what they already give you. Good luck and keep asking questions, illmuzik is a great tool.