What documents to run a production business.

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
What type of lisensing, tax #, or any other legal documents would i have to have to run a Legitamate business like this. Or does anyone have any links or sites that would explain this type of business. The music is there i need paper work stating that, like receits or anythang else that would make it legit to pay taxes, and state that im a professional business, and could you run this professional business out of your own home?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Go to your Secretary of State's web site and get the forms from there.
Know that there are all types of yearly fees and taxes that you have to pay this time of year that come along with this..Gettin a working business knowledge is helpful too.

But start with the secretary of state , they are where you register your business, you also need to contact the city to get a business license, they are going to want to know what you expect your annual income to be , this (at least here) decides what your fee will be.
Try and have your business plan developed as well. The SBA or small business assosiation in your area should hold free classes that can help. Here they hold them at libraries.Shhh

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
What type of lisensing, tax #, or any other legal documents would i have to have to run a Legitamate business like this. Or does anyone have any links or sites that would explain this type of business. The music is there i need paper work stating that, like receits or anythang else that would make it legit to pay taxes, and state that im a professional business, and could you run this professional business out of your own home?

Congratulations! There's nothing like being in business for yourself , there will be ups and downs but just stay organized and study examples of the greats in this business.

www.rapcointelpro.com is still an excellent reference site for a person trying to get their feet wet with the business side.

To run your business as a sole proprietor, you don't need much at all. Once you get yourself together and organized, register your business name with your state.

If you are selling any tangible items, you'll have to pay a quarterly sales tax - but that's not hard, you just mail in a payment and they give you a chart.

You only have to keep certain receipts for your business.

Most billion dollar businesses were started in somebody's garage or basement so the answer is yes, you can use your home as a "business office" in fact I recommend it at least while you're figuring out your gameplan.

KelzCorleone

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Thanks yall i appriciate this info, i could find a thread about this info so i figured id ask, i appriciate the help.

members online