what I do(im venting)

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
This picture displays what see everyfreakin day at work, one of my main jobs is to login to an old 1970's mainframe and convert old COBOL source code into peoplesoft SQR.

I cant take much more of this
I gotta make it in this music shit, ya feel me?????

FUCCCKKK

class...

Attachments

• mainframe.JPG
    mainframe.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 166

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
lol, i hear yuo.. my job has gotten monotonous, but not that bad...... go make a beatand feel better.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Damn Class, that shit annoyed me and I only looked at it for 5 seconds. You gotta take your negative feeling about this shit and let it become your fuel duke. Vent by making beats dog. Trust me, youll feel better and the quality of your shit will keep getting better. After all, aren't the best songs products of raw human emotion?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Man those old systems are so gay. Who thought bright blue with a bold white font was easy to read?? But hey, at least you're not working at McD's.

classic

ill o.g.
Fade said:
Man those old systems are so gay. Who thought bright blue with a bold white font was easy to read?? But hey, at least you're not working at McD's.

I know i know, yall are right i am very gratful casue this job is paying for my gradschool, and i am in a position to control my own future.

I just get fustrated sometimes casue the shit is HARD man, writing code,espically on old mainframe or BIOS systems is very tedidious and takes ALOT of energy.

I get mad casue this is creative engergy i could be using to make beats. But by the time i get home i just want to crash out.....

Plus non-of my home boys can relate to my job
what am i gonna do, go to the barbershop and tell them how i couldent get the RDBR2060 cobol source file to compile??? They aint hearing it!!!!

Forgive my for bitchin , im just fucking fustrated. Illl get over it

class.....

P.S fade what languages do u use????

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yeah man i understand its bad working a job that you don't enjoy as it just seems like a dead end slog but the thing is working those kind of jobs make you realise why your going to uni and putting the work in and why your putting effort into things like your beats ! so you don't have to be doing those jobs forever ! don't let sumthing like that kill your creativity !

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
classic said:

I don't know! I'm only good at web stuff like PHP, MySQL, some Javascript, CGI, etc. I know UNIX a bit like the basic stuff. I used to use UNIX all the time at my old job making microfiches.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
what am i gonna do, go to the barbershop and tell them how i couldent get the RDBR2060 cobol source file to compile??? They aint hearing it!!!!
Hahahaha that is a classic lol.
But yo hang in there bro, dont take the easy way out. Do what you gotta do, you got to work for your better future even if the work itself sucks, you making music at home balances it out plus it pays for your future. Dont think to much about and try to look ahead.
Good Luck.

classic

ill o.g.
Loose Cannon said:
Do they let you listen to music while your doin that?

LOL thats the only thing that keeps me sain,

but i cant listen to music that much becasue i will get distracted, and make a mistake. Mistakes on that machine are extermely hard to recover from becasue im constantly workin on the production server.

SO i have to really focus, thats the hardist part, its not something i can just half ass. Imgagine taking a test for 8 hours,thats what my days are like *sometimes*

class...

classic

ill o.g.
Fade said:
I don't know! I'm only good at web stuff like PHP, MySQL, some Javascript, CGI, etc. I know UNIX a bit like the basic stuff. I used to use UNIX all the time at my old job making microfiches.

Ahh i yern for those days, to me webprogramming is much more gratifiying it allows you to be creative. YOu are also able to see the fruits of your labor rather quickly.

DOnt even get me started on UNIX.

i have to work on a solarius UNIX platform for compiling etc...
Personally i like linux better, Redhat or Mandrake

Look at me going on like a nerd!! HA !!! i wish my homeboys backhome could see me now

class.....

ill o.g.
classic said:
LOL thats the only thing that keeps me sain,

but i cant listen to music that much becasue i will get distracted, and make a mistake. Mistakes on that machine are extermely hard to recover from becasue im constantly workin on the production server.

SO i have to really focus, thats the hardist part, its not something i can just half ass. Imgagine taking a test for 8 hours,thats what my days are like *sometimes*

class...

that really sucks. now im feelin bad for you.

i never had a job that i couldnt half ass. I used to mow lawns. If i was gettin paid by the hour on the lwan, i could just drive real slow. And if not, i could go full throttle and get it finished. But that really sucks for you.

I hope your college lets you do some better jobs on the side in the future.

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
You want to go down to Jessup and load 70lb boxes of chuck steak in a sub zero meat trailer with burned out druggies and alcoholics? They are hiring.

You got it good, Son. Chill.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Damn Class NO wonder you took the Hardware Route for your Beats Lol If u had 2 Look at Computers 24/7 youd probably end up in some Mental Hospital

Lol its funny cuz my dads Girlfriend is a Computer Programer and Some guy at her Job Snapped Ripped off his shirt and started Karate Kicking All the COmputers and saying he has a bomb in the building

Dont let it Get under your Skin 2 bad U dont wanna End up where ever buddy Did

EzZ

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
I know i know, yall are right i am very gratful casue this job is paying for my gradschool, and i am in a position to control my own future.

I just get fustrated sometimes casue the shit is HARD man, writing code,espically on old mainframe or BIOS systems is very tedidious and takes ALOT of energy.

I get mad casue this is creative engergy i could be using to make beats. But by the time i get home i just want to crash out.....

Forgive my for bitchin , im just fucking fustrated. Illl get over it

class.....

that's real talk about friends not relating to the job, it kinda reaffirmed the need for me to get some new friends, lol

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
RigorMortis said:
classic said:

Hahahaha that is a classic lol.
But yo hang in there bro, dont take the easy way out. Do what you gotta do, you got to work for your better future even if the work itself sucks, you making music at home balances it out plus it pays for your future. Dont think to much about and try to look ahead.
Good Luck.

Haha Classic,

I have the same problem. I'm learning Java at school (I don't use it at a job yet) and none of my friends or family can relate. Staring at lines and lines of code can suck after a while, especially when the bitch won't compile. I can't vent to anyone but my teacher!

At my current job, I stare at Wordperfect all day long, but I'd rather stare at code.

But as RigorMortis said, I'm working toward my future.

I envy you for being in grad school, keep up the good work, man.

Peace,

Ctrl

classic

ill o.g.
CampO said:
Damn Class NO wonder you took the Hardware Route for your Beats Lol If u had 2 Look at Computers 24/7 youd probably end up in some Mental Hospital

SEriously man thats the main reason why i chose hardware, I know software is very powerful but i need to free myself from a computer once in a while. I will end up tryin to debug the source code behind Fruity loops.
*even though hardware is software , the MPC OS was written in good ol C*

Thanks for the encourgement everyone, i talked to my mom and she set me straight, i am lucky to be in the postion i am today espically considering that most of my friends back home are dead or in jail. I was just buggin that day casue the code was driving me crazy!

M!nd_Ctrl said:
I have the same problem. I'm learning Java at school (I don't use it at a job yet) and none of my friends or family can relate. Staring at lines and lines of code can suck after a while, especially when the bitch won't compile. I can't vent to anyone but my teacher!

Mind stick with that JAVA man i use it all the time. Whats great about JAVA is that its very scaleable , it can be used on servers and cellphones.
If u get a chance Mess around with J2ME(java micro edition) this is what is used on most cellphone platforms. ITs the same as J2SE but the complie time and java machine is compressed. This is the hot new thing on the market and if u learn it alot of jobs are looking for developers

I have been able to do some neat little things with my cellphone with J2ME

class....

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My man class i feel ya dude. This is exactly why i want the hardware route at work. all i do is network supervising and some hardware repair. it pays good money and i love it... except this week were everything seems to shut down. i did more repairs this week then i did last year... that why i went pc to make beats. got tired of looking at machine 27/7 :p IM total opposite of you