What I Miss The Most About The Old School

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm putting this in the Basement because it could be music, software, hardware, etc.

old-school-dj-action.jpg

So I'll start it off:

1. I miss the excitement of waiting for a new LP to drop.
2. I miss going to a Rap concert in some hole in the wall venue and hearing dope music all night, from the opening acts to the main show. And the smell of weed in the air.
3. I miss freestyling with my friends over vinyl.
4. I miss hard-hitting beats and lyrics that had a message!
5. I miss breakdancing.

What do YOU miss the most?

C

Calamity

90s baby here. I can prob count on one hand the number of times I've been to an underground show that was dope all the way through. Actually moved to Houston for a few months a while back and you'll be happy to know the breakdancing scene there was alive and well bro, huge events with kids, adults, everybody mixing it up over some real b-boy beats, I'd never seen anything like it.

What I miss most about old school: Party songs. Not turn up songs, not get drunk songs, songs with dope Hip Hop beats that when it comes on, your whole body betray you and you HAVE to grab a girl and dance front to back. Tupac -Temptations, Big Pun - Still not a player, Slum Village - Get dis money. I'm sure they're out there, but to me most new party songs don't have that same atmosphere

Beautiful Noise

No Song is Safe.
Battle Points: 8
I miss the feeling of having ALL 4 elements represented in one spot. I got to experience that twice in my life so far, and I got teary eyed.

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
^ Still eat them!

I miss reading the source magazine because the internet nt exist and taping on vcr the videos.

I miss having to anticipate a record, now we can just have it any time.

I do hate when people brand 90s hip hop as real hip hop though.