What if....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
wow....

you know, this is kinda messed up. i am so tired of people talking about how "sick" they are of "christian propaganda" when the music industry, BY AND LARGE, is almost exclusively a secular venture. sex, drugs, bangin, slanging, pimpin, flossin, etc are all readily accepted but somebody expressing their faith in a God is somehow scourge to hip hop?

NOW, i understand not liking what is out there; i am a believer myself and i have a hard time listening to other Christian artists because the quality is just not that good, and its usually cheesy to me. i still respect what they are trying to do.

somehow, its ok for rappers of an islamic/5% tilt (wu tang, mos def, brand nubian, etc) to do their thing, its cool to mention allah and all that, but hey, KEEP THOSE JESUS FREAKS OUT OF MUSIC.

shoved down yuor throats? how/when? when was the last time mtv played a Christian rapper? when was the last time your local radio station played one? now the rock scene is a bit different...

but seriously. if yuo dont like it, i respect that and you are entiteld to that. but im going to be real... thats real discouraging and hurtful to me to see how much hatred some of you show just because someone chooses to share their faith. you do not have to listen to it- but to say that it has no place in music? wow. thats a powerful statement.

if yuo do not believe, fine. if you are a "man of science" or whatever, fine- nevermind that there doesnt have to be a seperation there until the THEORY of macro-evolution comes into play- but thats fine.

i have no issue with you not believing, not liking Christianity or those of us who believe, but to tell me that MY faith, MY experiences and MY story HAS NO PLACE in the music that MY GOD gifted me to make, thats just hateful. it really is.

so its ok for me to write a song about how much i love strippers, but i cant write a story about loving God?

now, as far as this whole "my god can beat up your god" thing, with everybody fighting and arguing and whatnot... thats not my thing. however, i am firm in what i believe just as any muslim, naturalist, or athiest. the issue i have here is that each of those groups are readily acceptable to most of you, however my group is met with such a fierce and unnecesary hatred. dont want me to preach to you? fine. i understand that. bbut to say that i have no right to express my faith in my music, wheather i am up front and in your face ala most christian artists, or more subtle (it is) like a U2 or Chevelle....... either way, i have that right and perhaps yuo do not like it in your listening, but for there to be such hatred from you guys- guys i would have no problem kickin it with, doing shows with, working with, whatever.... that burns a bit.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Forget it Deca, they just dont know... You see, i just asked if their mentor would start talking about positive things in their life without cursing, without saying "nigga" "fuck" "hoes" and whatever, would they still listen to them. And everyone had the pportunity to respond : its wack, Let God or the religion out of this, blablabla.
It is really sad that you guys are in NEED to hear negative words. Money, sex, cars and Hoes is what you want to hear, then fine. I just hope the next generation will be proud of you: "Hey dad? isnt grandma naked dancing on top of the car???"

LOL

By the way, BigD, i know who are Dilated people.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
Producer_GyaL said:
It is really sad that you guys are in NEED to hear negative words. Money, sex, cars and Hoes is what you want to hear, then fine.

Don't give me that "It's really sad" pity crap. You asked for an opinion and you got it.

My father was a fucking priest and a missionary.

Everyone has their opinions.

I think religion is good for people, but it's TOTALLY FUCKED UP at the same time.

Religion is like the fucking army, STRAIGHT BRAINWASHING.

****edit*****

I realized I was getting off topic. Don't accuse us saying we WANT to hear about "guns,hoes,and 40's" cause that isnt the case. I love music. Positive & negative. That's life, and that's the life I've lived.

But if the guys I looked up to SWITCHED their style, and found god and started preaching in their raps how god is great and made albums called WWJD, I would dismiss them as wiggity wiggity wack yo

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
^^^ one thing i got to say, however, is that gyal kind of has it twisted...

sex, money, hoes and cars arent the only alternatives, and i dont think anyone is saying that.

my persopective is that those things are acceptable while personal faith is not, that to me is sad. all in all yo uhave to listen to the things that are ok with yuorself...

my only issue is being told that my personal faith is God is unnaceptable, even though that is very much a part of who i am and a part of my life and struggle, my story just the same as any crack dealers... now whether that is accepted on a personal level is one thing... but blanket statements saying it has no place is what bothers me.

and hoppa, did you get my email?

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
tricky spinz said:
how can you say we are judging too quick? everyone on here knows what they would or would not like to hear about. i wouldn't want to hear a rap about killing jews, and probably no one else on here would either. it's as simple as that. you either want to or don't. and i don't wanna hear about God.

what i ment by judging to quick is this: at first i hated anything alternatif or rock affeliated. i thought it was always the same scream,drum solo, guitar pattern and hated that. at some point i tried listen to something a friend had called system of a down. then i saw there clip and then my opinion changed.

I aggree you know what you dont like, but i say you 've seen nothing yet. Maybe the way heard it before was wack. next time might be a good one

blak flame

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If any artist I'm a fan of flipped like that I probably would stop listenin' to that person because if I listen to a rapper out there or buy their shit then I'm buyin' it because of their lyrical content and what they are sayin' in their songs (and maybe the beats they have too) there is no other reason I will listen. So changin' your lyricals and the subjects you reach in your music would make me stop listenin' unless they are still talkin' about somethin' I can feel and relate to. All that matters is that it is good music.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I'm TOTALLY with Hoppa on this one. RELIGION'S TOTALLY FUCKED UP - NO MATTER WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN. It has several, very specific, positive sides, but most of it is FUCKING BRAINWASHING.
Religion has caused so much suffering to mankind, and this endless pursuit after god is just ridiculous...

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJ Hoppa said:
Don't give me that "It's really sad" pity crap. You asked for an opinion and you got it.

My father was a fucking priest and a missionary.

Everyone has their opinions.

I think religion is good for people, but it's TOTALLY FUCKED UP at the same time.

Religion is like the fucking army, STRAIGHT BRAINWASHING.

****edit*****

I realized I was getting off topic. Don't accuse us saying we WANT to hear about "guns,hoes,and 40's" cause that isnt the case. I love music. Positive & negative. That's life, and that's the life I've lived.

But if the guys I looked up to SWITCHED their style, and found god and started preaching in their raps how god is great and made albums called WWJD, I would dismiss them as wiggity wiggity wack yo

well your right about one thing, christianity is an army. and my army 's job is to do good thru out the world and spread that specific truth. I dont thinkin learning any knowledge makes you brainwashed. it makes you more knowledgeable period.

I'm not sure what your dad being a priest and missionnary has anything to do with it. My dad is a math teacher i know jack about math.

You make your own choices.

byt: my grandpa was a preacher so i was instructed in the way of the bible but never really followed before maybe 2 years ago when i made the choice to.

and to get back to the subject: it would all depend on if they were sincere. If jay-z started to spit the gospel for other reasons then because he beleived, iwould also think it was wack since we could detect whats fake. the same way when i hears mc talk about the ghetto when they live in malibu ( no offense to people living in malibu ) :p

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
RigorMortis said:
What they rap about and if they curse or dont doesnt mean a thing, you listen what you like

Agreed. If it's good to your ears, who gives a shit what someone else thinks, religious or not.

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
Deca said:
well i understand if most you guys think christian hip hop is wack, in the same sense i could say chinese hip hop is wack just because i dont understand the language. You simply dont understand the gospel yet.

I'm sorry..but....no wait.....no i'm not.....that is the most ignorant ass shit i've heard all week. First of all, you can't compare understanding gospel to understanding another language, especially to one as difficult as Chinese. Second of all, of course gospel will have strong ties to R&B, that is a given.......but hip hop........gimme a break yo.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Deca said:
well your right about one thing, christianity is an army. and my army 's job is to do good thru out the world and spread that specific truth. I dont thinkin learning any knowledge makes you brainwashed. it makes you more knowledgeable period.

I'm not sure what your dad being a priest and missionnary has anything to do with it. My dad is a math teacher i know jack about math.

See that's the thing, educating is one thing, but when I think of spreading the truth, I think of crazy guys @ bus stops with bibles that expect me to give them some change after he explains why I should be a christian.. I HATE HAVING THAT SHIT PEDDLED TO ME LIKE CRACK.

Those people out there knockin on doors and approaching people about religion need to go.

You can have your faith, you can have your politics, but keep it to yourself. Let people live and learn on their own.

And my father being a priest and a missionary has a lot to do with it. We had church @ home. My dad would tell me things all the time about god, he would reference it, he impacted me to go to church, get my first communion, and all that jazz. I'm surprised you never learned any math shit from your dad, seeing as how your parents teach you what they know to make you a smarter kid, and math is such a necessary knowledge in every day life.

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
Forget it Deca, they just dont know... You see, i just asked if their mentor would start talking about positive things in their life without cursing, without saying "nigga" "fuck" "hoes" and whatever, would they still listen to them. And everyone had the pportunity to respond : its wack, Let God or the religion out of this, blablabla.
It is really sad that you guys are in NEED to hear negative words. Money, sex, cars and Hoes is what you want to hear, then fine. I just hope the next generation will be proud of you: "Hey dad? isnt grandma naked dancing on top of the car???"

LOL

By the way, BigD, i know who are Dilated people.

Alright Deca, you lost your title for "The most ignorant shit i've heard all week" contest.
Gyal, do you NEED to hear "the Gospel" in your music to get on with your life. The music we listen to is not because we need it, but because it's what we can relate to, it's what catches our attention, it's what tells our story, it's what helps us to express ourselves. Don't get it all twisted like that Gyal.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
DJ Hoppa said:
You can have your faith, you can have your politics, but keep it to yourself. Let people live and learn on their own.
I'm surprised you never learned any math shit from your dad, seeing as how your parents teach you what they know to make you a smarter kid, and math is such a necessary knowledge in every day life.

OKay, now the discussion is over. I never mention anything about Religion, only about positive things. Children rely to those Artist that is coming out with negative lyrics. Religion was made by human, it is not from God. Your faith and value dosent concern me and i wont Start any beef about it. I just wanted to know if you guys would still buy OR NOT their albums if they changed their lyrics. Their beat would still be dope, their flow too!
Now, dont have the nerve to come to me and be harsh like it would be MY FAULT if you hate God. Not because Deca dosent like math that he dosent know anything about math. man, theres a lot of anger in this site. Cold, i did not twist anything. i just wanted to know what people think about the image that is right now blowing. Whatever, i have nothing else to add.

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJ Hoppa said:
See that's the thing, educating is one thing, but when I think of spreading the truth, I think of crazy guys @ bus stops with bibles that expect me to give them some change after he explains why I should be a christian.. I HATE HAVING THAT SHIT PEDDLED TO ME LIKE CRACK.

Those people out there knockin on doors and approaching people about religion need to go.

And my father being a priest and a missionary has a lot to do with it. We had church @ home. My dad would tell me things all the time about god, he would reference it, he impacted me to go to church, get my first communion, and all that jazz. I'm surprised you never learned any math shit from your dad, seeing as how your parents teach you what they know to make you a smarter kid, and math is such a necessary knowledge in every day life.

hey but if a guy peddles a mix tapes its all gravy right?

dont get it twisted. jehova witnesses hit at your door. not chrisitians

naw i didnt like math, but i didt learn music from him though. see you dont choose what your parents teach you. you choose what too keep from what they teach you.

and everyone is predisposed to learning certain thing easyer and faster. but when it comes to faith, every body is on the same level.

I dont know what made you change your mind about god or whatever, but i do know this, theres is only 1 truth in anygiven statment. im not forcing anyone to convert or to change. or agre, im just sharing my faith.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Producer_GyaL said:
I never mention anything about Religion, only about positive things..

Producer_GyaL said:
What would you do if all of the sudden Jay-z, 50 cents, Busta Rhymes, Eminem or any Rappers Out there that you love and respect would stop cursing in their songs and would start talking about positive things in life, not to mention how God is Good.

give me a break.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
"The most detestable wickedness, and the most horrid cruelties, and the greatest miseries that have afflicted the human race have had their origin in this thing called revelation, or revealed religion."
Thomas Paine

"Religion is a disease born of fear which has been a source of untold misery to the human race."
Bertrand Russell

Religion & Faith: The Truth

1. http://www.users.bigpond.com/pmurray/exchristian/Stories/byWhyLeft.html

2. http://home.mweb.co.za/it/iti04330/atheist1.htm

3. http://www.users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html

4. http://www.betterhumans.com/Features/Columns/Transitory_Human/column.aspx?articleID=2002-12-15-2

Do Not Hate But In The Same Time Do Not Sleep ,
Wings

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
whoa slow down gyal! maybe i should have worded that differently. i was saying- based on what you had said- that the way you amde it sound, was that people who dont talk about god talk abuot sex, money and cars, like thats all there was. anyhow, thats the problem with typing, lol.

honestly..... complexx you took a personal shot that was unnecessary (at deca and gyal) though and that wasnt cool....

i want to keep this open, fade dont close it ill do it if it gets too out of hand... but for now i still think that this can be a positive thread in terms of understanding.

me discussing my faith does not mean i am peddling it to someone; im saying, this is my choice, my life, how i see it and thats that. its not, YOU shuold do this, YOU should live this way, YOU should accept christ. i think most people here in the states have heard the message, the story, the gospel. they choose to accept it or not accept it. thats ok. the things that would bring another person to that same belief as myself, in all likelihood thats not going to come from me telling them about Jesus in my song. those things come from various personal situations, circumstances, etc.... so i have no need to "peddle" my faith and beliefs, but i see no reason why i can not speak from that perspective. i see no reason why i should have to keep my mouth shut about it.

and once you put the word God into this, it made it a religion discussion gyal... sorry to say, but thats the truth.

if its ok to talk about the joys of puffing blunts, it should be ok to talk abuot the power of prayer. oyu dont have to listen if you dont like it either way, right?

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Deca said:

this is the bullshit im talkin bout... you sound like a jessie helms prodigy or something... you dont know shit bout what your talkin about... spread that specific truth? ... you spreading rumors and lies son... there is 0 truth to religion... and when people say shit like "they just dont know" or "they arent ready for the gospel yet" thats the shit that makes me wanna come back with some fuck religion shit...

but to cold truth no offense... you got the right... it just aint shit i wanna hear about... the shit you said was intelligent and expressing your view which is cool.... p gal and deca sound like they stepped out of the jerry fallwell college... yall should show some respect with your comments if yall want to spread good and all that... because just like you dont wanna hear some fuck a bitch shit, others can feel the same way about your religous views

Status
Not open for further replies.