What in the fuck was i doing before this ?

Ok, this is about an two annoying feelings.

1 : have you ever heard a beat that sampled one of the songs you have heard many times before, but you never thought of sampling it or never sampled it ?

2 : have you ever found a dope song to sample, and somebody else samples that or you find out somebody already sampled it ?

This happened to me with GooGoosh's Talagh, i sampled it long ago, i even sent it to one of the last beat it ups, which you can hear here , then i found out that a year before me, Kanye made Feedback using that sample. it wasn't a great loss for me though, kanye sampled that song in almost the worst way.

Danswift

Drumbreak Detective
2 : have you ever found a dope song to sample, and somebody else samples that or you find out somebody already sampled it ?

Oh yeah.. this happened to me a few years ago after I'd spent a couple of months working on a track which had been constructed around a pretty obscure Prog Rock tune I'd sampled which was dope af... I'd more or less finished the music and was due to do a final mix the next day.

Later that night I was listening to the radio while half asleep and boom, there was a track that played which had used the same damn sample which was proper gutting I must say after the time I'd put in working on my own stuff!

Also had a few samples that I've stuck on the back burner to use later and heard them crop up in other people's tunes..that's always annoying when it happens,..my usual reaction to this is what the hell have these cheeky fuckers gone and done with MY samples hehehe..:(

members online