What instrument do you play best?

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
We are all producers, but some of us are former or current drummers, some play bass, some guitar, keys, xylophone, and so on. What kind of musicians do we have out here. I would call myself a turntablist and producer. I play bass when necessary as well. I am all self taught, and everyday I regret dissing my mom when she tried to give me piano lessons.

T

The Bastard

DueceMade Ent. said:
Fer me guitar, cuz i grew up playin and takin lessons while i had a natural connect with simply playing instruments...Now keyboard is my thang, and im almost gettin there as good as i am at guitar.
i can play the drum machine

HCTarks

Wax Mangler
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i'm on the turntables 6 hours a day, at least, cuttin it up.. so i'd say the turntables.. yes they are instruments i can prove it. =)

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
Word, my brother is a jazz guitarist, and he constantly mocks me for feeling that turntables have become instruments. I can play him my sets and cuts, and he is still so elitist that he denies legitimacy.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
im on my guitar all the time working out melodies and bass lines and shit but i badly want to play the piano and learn how to "play" the turntables

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
drums. i play the set, and all the traditional percussion. like timpani's and shit. i also can play the xylophone a little, and i used to take piano. i'm not real great at playing the piano, but i definitely have a better ear for chords and shit because of it.

But my drums are where you'll see the most influence.

E

Equality 7-2521

i play the turntables. might like to learn to play keys one day instead of penciling them in all the time too. shall see.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I play the drums (10 years or so...) and I am trying to learn the guitar too... and I think you can feel it in my production. I'm sorry I don't have that much online, but soon, soon...

HCTarks

Wax Mangler
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
those of you who "play the turntables" can we hear some of your songs in the next showcase?

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I play drums mainly keys second but drums is my main thing I play professionally in clubs bars, all types of functions hopefully I'll go on tour soon.

members online