What is it with acapellas?

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
nearly every acapella i download starts off ok and then at some point there is a slight skip in the audio which takes the flow off the beat and fucks up the WHOLE TRACK. its frustrating...

anyone know how to solve this, coz i see all u guys with ur remixes and ur acapellas seem to fit perfectly all the way through?

thanks.
sAfE.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:
nearly every acapella i download starts off ok and then at some point there is a slight skip in the audio which takes the flow off the beat and fucks up the WHOLE TRACK. its frustrating...

anyone know how to solve this, coz i see all u guys with ur remixes and ur acapellas seem to fit perfectly all the way through?

thanks.
sAfE.

1. Get good pellas 1st off

2. you can always slice the pella up

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Yea If u got Acid Just Use that and Cut the Pella INto 16 Bar or 8 Bar Segments and Just Line those Segments up with THe beat thats the Way that Has Worked Best for me

C

Copenhagen

Also, the BPM may not also be a perfect number like e.g. 92, but instead it's a 91.791, then it will start of good but end up not fitting.

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Copenhagen said:
Also, the BPM may not also be a perfect number like e.g. 92, but instead it's a 91.791, then it will start of good but end up not fitting.

I haven't done many remixes, but I found myself calculating the bpm to .5 of beat on the last I did, lol...I just used trial and error until it fitted perectly the whole way through. I use the instrumental or just the normal track to find the bpm-its a whole lot more accurate than using the acapella. [strange flows, human error etc....]

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I really dont get why the hell do they make beats with BPMs of 87.134...

Is there a reason to that?!

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Fade said:
Yes but I think it would be good to explain since you seem to know the answer!

well i mean its really common sense if u sit and think about it

Why would i or someone wanna use a tempo like 90.40 ehh because we want too..thats kinda like asking why use 90.00. 90.40 its a Tempo its a Speed not exactly 90bpm and not Really 91 bmp

Sometimes when people uses there Beat Calculators they are not calculating the actually BEAT there Calculating the Beat the intro the outro the Break and these can all be Diff Tempo's and what they Calculator Or the individual does (manual Calulating) is average as whole and u get a what.3434 at the end as an Avergage if that makes any sense.

Another Reason is because u sampled something of a record or something LIVE that doesn't have a Consistant Tempo.. So u wind up building around that sample.. and later the Tempo gets averaged .. am i making any sense?

Most people do it for the feel though its a timing thing

*ALSO*

somestimes the Hook or another element is Recorded 1st then the Producer and Artist go back and Build around that and they Slightly change Tempo's for certain things nothing really huge But just slight things to make another ideas Fit in pocket.. the again someone goes to remix and the average it and they get that 93.844 etc

Hope i helped peace

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Thought it was obviously an opened question...

but anyways...

thanks for the answer...

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
sYgMa said:
I really dont get why the hell do they make beats with BPMs of 87.134...

Is there a reason to that?!

sometimes when working with looped samples i find i have to use a tempo of say 90.6 or somethin, but never into the 90.643 range or whatever...

sAfE.

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
classic said:
EVen with choppin it up not every acapplla is gonna fit with every beat.

Most MC's use alot of swing, sometimes that wont match with your beat no matter how hard u try

Basically you gotta have an "ear" for what will work and what wont

class....
If you got a program like Propellerhead Recycle you can adjust the bpm to your liking. You can do it with an MPC or SP-303 too.

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Rhythmikal said:

thanks.
sAfE.

I know what you talking about, what i do is do every part by part. Let's say i use Cool Edit. I put the instrumental on one track, then the accapella on the other. I choose what word i want the mc to start with my beat, and from there i speed the voice or slow it down for every 2lines. So sometime i speed it up, sometime I slow it down. So sometime I change a little the flow of the emcee so it's more original.

Bloodybastid

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It happens to me...I have only done 1 perfect remix of a song. It sucks because I never use the BPM...I just usually do it by ear. THe BPM is just for the drums, but usually I'll change the tempo of the beat and adjust the placement of the vocals for it to match the best. I'm curious how guys like 9th Wonder and DJ Kno got their stuff down to perfection.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
I do it with fruity... and it's pretty damn close to perfection... I mean the lyrics fall on the beat close to perfect....