***What is the best possible Sample Cd i can Get***

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
aiight im thinkin bout gettin a sample cd. I mainly lookin' for some ol' school hiphop sounds, and some great synths. But im not sure about some of these sites. I hear they sample shit, and it sounds madd basic and worthless.

If yall buy sample cds, please tell me the best spots. Or the second best for yall kats that keep yo connects secret.

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
me.

i only know of the big 2....

https://bigfishaudio.com and https://soundsonline.com (aka EastWest)

and you can go there and listen to their cds...but I personally never bought one, the best sampler is yourself, to me....But Good Luck...

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I checked out a few sample cd's when I first got into making hip hop music because I figured that a lot of producers were using them...I was very disappointed with the quality of the samples that most companies put out.

Basically, you fork out something close to $100 for a bunch of sounds or loops that either suck or are cheap ripoffs of things you hear on the radio. I can imagine radio producers/imagers love to use them as music beds because they sound so 'now' and a lot are ready-made, but it wasn't worth it to me as I had some gear to make my own sounds with.

This was a few years ago, since then the internet has spawned all sorts of piracy and the prices have dropped considerably, and now sample companies are allowing you to download individual sample from their sites for a small fee.

I'm sure that most people here will agree that the best thing to do is to find your own samples. I like to take it a step further and warp them in a wave editor before dropping them into a track so that it is no longer recognizable and therefore becomes 'my' sample (and hopefully escapes the ears of publishing companies). That, or sample single hits from different sources for something like a drumkit...

Take care,

Nick

C

Copenhagen

There's plenty of synth sample Cd's out. If they are any good is a matter of personal preference.

Regarding the old school Hip-Hop sounds...I don't think there is such a CD...not a good one at least. Most old school songs are made from samples of other genres anyway.

members online