What is the lowest price you sold a beat for?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
well I just sold my firstin for $200, but I actually leased it... On the off fuckin chance TI wanna give me 20g but since that aint gonna happen I basically have that track record. $200 lowest

uh... 99cents just aint feasible by any means for me.. Dude must be jackin em for a quick profit.

Honestly like my shit or dont , I just cant see less than $200.. I put time, like handmade shit into em.
Freak the beat or leave it, someone will.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
For the price of, on the house.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
latlely im on some shit where im either gonna give u a beat for free cuz i like u, wanna work with u, and i think ur serious and r gonna help promote me, or im gonna charge u a whole lot of money. Basically, what that means is that I keep all the good shit for myself. lol..

Rackoon

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Free would be the cheapest obvioulsy....
But 20$ if its for a mixtape or its an old beat collecting dust..
For an exclusive beat I would not go lower than 60$.
But I dont intend to keep selling so low...My prices will go up with my experience level and my reputation...that might take a while :(

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Hmmmm

To aspiring talented unsigned artists - Free -

To hobbyists who just want to make songs for their car and/or neighborhood - Anywhere from $14.99 - $24.99.

wowwwww...selling yourself short arent we

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
yeah.... i got a beat package where i'm selling 47 beats for $25. It's my older beats from 3 years ago. I went through hundreds of them, picked the best of the best off the shelf, mixed them a little better and zipped them together. I've sold it twice now, so thats $50 i didn't have before and I can resell as many times as I want.

it's such a toss up though. I'll get like 10-15 inquiries a week on average. 10 of them are people who complain about the price/cant afford it/ask for the beats for free. the other few are asking if i'm SERIOUSLY leasing all 47 beats for just $25. Then maybe 1 person buys.

5th sequence is broke ladies and gentleman, PAY ME

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
yeah.... i got a beat package where i'm selling 47 beats for $25. It's my older beats from 3 years ago. I went through hundreds of them, picked the best of the best off the shelf, mixed them a little better and zipped them together. I've sold it twice now, so thats $50 i didn't have before and I can resell as many times as I want.

wowwww u are buggggggggggggin

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
yea word lol why not just up it to 50 at least

wit some of these prices ppl are charging mite as well give there computers away with all there samples and drums in it

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
i plan on it. I just want to have something for the broke ass people of the world. so far it's like the same sales ratio though, i'm surprised i haven't had more takers on it.

Tryna find the sweet spot, i'm not going for one time sales. I'm like.. really trying to get traffic to my page and run the numbers game. it've made about $100 in a week... and my website isn't fully up yet, nor have i really started promoting it.

everything will change soon, hopefully i'll be finished updating things by next week.

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
$250-$500 Average. $25-$50 Non Exclusive. I have gone the whore route since the beat selling market is hyper competitive and hard to crack these days! But I have laced reputable artists with Free beats to get exposure.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
wowwwww...selling yourself short arent we

LOL.

Like most people, you're looking at the prices 'literally' but you fail to see the big picture or you may not understand how basic business works.

When you're an aspring producer, money is the last thing you should worry about.
Getting your paperwork straight, completing albums/mixtapes, and breaking new artists should be the only thing you worry about.

The 'problem' or the reason most producers don't succeed and are NOT making any real money is because they're living in a fantasy world.

In other words they're making beats for some rapper on a label that they may or will never meet when if the producer would simply focus on building complete projects with the up-and-comers around them, they would be a lot more relevant.

By setting a 'reasonable' price point on beats that would just sit on a hard-drive somewhere,
I'm helping a 'basement rapper' put some music together for his ride or his hood and I'm making a profit on something that may or may not ever be used and most importantly that I can use again. by switching up a melody, drums, or adding keys.

You'd be surprised how much money you can actually make doing exactly what I just outlined.

There's a lot of producers off in La-la land thinking that Young Jeezy is gonna swoop down and buy a beat for $20,000 but I'm here to tell you it doesn't work like that. Build a pricing structure for the 3,567,892 rappers out there who may never make it and you can actually make a living at music without ever being signed.

kaivai

Reppin V.I.C
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
depends aye, all crew beats are free till we start making money then im looking for 50% royalty, but for cats who are willing to pay (only ones i'll consider...times are rough) ill do like a package deal depending on how many beats they're after, whether or not they want me to record them or what last two deals had two beats for $200 plus hooks and recording so thats prob cheapest but he's crew so i gave him a discount

members online