What is you process to make samples sound nice!!!

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What process do you take to make your samples with reason sound the way you want them,.

What kind of effects, mixing do you do to get the right sound you want?

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
IM with you on the eq, distortion, reverb and delay depending on the sample.

What do you do when you layer?

When layering I think about what frequency range could do with filling out and then adding an instrument that covers that frequency range. I then duplicate the sample with a synth(say for adding a bassline for example) and then layer it(what this amounts to is having a track that mimics the original sample track but only covering a specific frequency range.) Admittedly this is a skill I have picked up after years of training my ears to detect tone and is pretty damn hard for untrained ears. It comes naturally for some people but for the rest of us it does take time.

And hey I also mention adsr,(attack, decay, sustain, release) these are also very important for fine tuning. For example say you wanted to take some tail off a snare and replace with your own reverb. You can have a quick attack, pretty quick decay, short sustain and almost zero release. Your added reverb will sound a lot cleaner after removing some tail from a snare(if the snare has a tail that is) essentially replacing the original reverb tail with your own. << There are far easier ways to do this but I used it as an example.

and not to forget taking off some attack can be a quick way to prevent clicks at the beginning of samples. and adjusting the decay and sustain can be a quick way of removing clicks from the ends of samples.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
What process do you take to make your samples with reason sound the way you want them,.

What kind of effects, mixing do you do to get the right sound you want?

Well 1st i start off with good sounds the rest is all ear. If the sound needs layering then I layer it, if it needs EQ then i eq it. If it needs grit, then i add grit

The trick is having an ear for these things, there is no specific process that works as the process changes depending on what you're going after vs what sound quality/source you're starting with

N

Nokturnl

Scream 4 Tape Warm Saturation,i love it but as Greg Savage said ^^^