what is your fav. pitch shifter?

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Ive been trying to dig for some good pitch shifters lately online and what ive fou nd so far sucks! The MadShifta sucks because you can only shift up to like 3% without that shitty ass modulation and choppiness that comes along. Any suggestions, I'll pay for a good one.

Thanx

El

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
^^^^DUDE EMPTY YOUR PM BOX PLEASE!!!!
Get at me, I have some waves pitch shifter (Actually a few) in protools they are all good but I dont know the names off top.Only thing with a pitch shifter is you need to be able to keep the thing on rythem.
Make sure it has that option or your shit will fall all off beat.
I use the generic audiosuite protools thingy. It can make you sound like the chipmunks or screwed and stay in rythem.
TREE GET AT ME!!!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
i just use whatevers there. if i happen to have acid open, i'll pitch up in that. or i'll do it in reason. or i'll do it wit the default audition pitcher. all work effectively

adomav17

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Elementree said:
is the fruity pitch shifter good or does it make the sample sound weird?

i havent used it that much, but in my experience it sounds wierd if you do anything too extreme on it... you can pitch up the thing and time stretch it fine, but if u pitch the sample up really high like near 1000 cents it will sound wierd... or if you make a 2 bar sample time stretch to a 4 bar sample or some shit like that itll sound wierd... it works just fine for me

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
adomav17 said:
i havent used it that much, but in my experience it sounds wierd if you do anything too extreme on it... you can pitch up the thing and time stretch it fine, but if u pitch the sample up really high like near 1000 cents it will sound wierd... or if you make a 2 bar sample time stretch to a 4 bar sample or some shit like that itll sound wierd... it works just fine for me

of course timestretching 200% is gonna sound strange, anything pass 120% really starts to sound iffy, and 1000 cents is pretty extreme, max ill go is 600, anything past that and I have no idea what you're doin

In-Dent

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Sanova said:
i just use whatevers there. if i happen to have acid open, i'll pitch up in that. or i'll do it in reason. or i'll do it wit the default audition pitcher. all work effectively

How do you do it in Reason? Reason really needs a Timestrech feature, especially with the new wave of Hip-Hop users sampling in it.

Slamdino

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Acid has a decent one but i use the one in the waves platinum bundle with cubase and its pretty tweakable. Just used it last night actually!