What is....

Opera Populare

Graduate Of The Game
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I've been wondering this for a while, what is layering and it's function? I use Fruity Loops 5 and i see that u can add the layering channel. So, what is its purpose. I often use two different drums or 2 different snares to get the desired sound i want so is this layering and is using a layer channel really just better for the mixing process so u have those "layered" sounds in one wav if this is what goes on. I'm trying to get into mixing my own beats so this information would be a great help

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
with the drums, what you said is layering....

layering is important, as it makes your music more full...

a good example of this is the principal of low end theory...i dont want to explain it, because i dont think i can do properly

hopefully someone can help expalin this.....

Retro

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Opera Populare said:
I've been wondering this for a while, what is layering and it's function? I use Fruity Loops 5 and i see that u can add the layering channel. So, what is its purpose. I often use two different drums or 2 different snares to get the desired sound i want so is this layering and is using a layer channel really just better for the mixing process so u have those "layered" sounds in one wav if this is what goes on. I'm trying to get into mixing my own beats so this information would be a great help

the layering channels main function is basically to play or have access to more than one instrument at once. eg. strings + horns + bass etc. thus creating more complex instruments. its also good for creating your own drumkits. you load up multiple samples then split the layer so each sample has its own key.

members online

No members online now.