What made you fall in love with Hip Hop?

NatureRok

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
my pops was a dj in the 70's .. he had me in college.. so i had all his records as a kid.. sugar hill gang, kurtis blow and all them.. i liked the albums.. but as far as fell in love like that it this is my shit for life.. i'd say after hearing redmans what the album and will smiths first album.. honestly.. of course not in that order but.. after those two.. i stopped listening to other music all together until i started producing.. or was at a dance and had to listen to other shit. i wasn't even listening to the radio after i turned 16 and got my own car.. i was bumpin everything but the radio..

started rhyming in 99
beat making in 03 fell off for bout 5 years then picked it back up 5 years ago..through 9-5 and finishing school and having a daughter and a girl and etc.. lol peace yall

Charlie

TheHipHopRecords
The songs that started it off for me in hip hop were (In no particular order)

LL Cool J - Bad

LL Cool J was the first rapper I knew of. This was song was played at school all the time and was one of the songs that kicked it off for me.

House Of Pain - Jump Around.

Yes I know. I know. But I bought this in 1993. Pretty much no-one had heard of it back when I got it and I know it's easy to be wise in hindsight. But I knew when I bought it that with the right play, this would blow up. Now granted I did not think that it would be as bigger song as it has become.

It has crossed over to the max and people forget that it's a hip-hop song. It's almost a couple of notches down from Sinatra's "My Way" (lol) in terms of how well known it is. So yes it's been played to death. Yes - It's that song that people who don't like hip-hop, don't mind.

But that does not take away from the fact that it's still a funky track and I hope. Everlast or House Of Pain have got the distribution rights to the song. Because if they have, they'd never have to work again.

Partners In Kryme - Turtle Power

I was a massive-massive Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fan as a kid. I used to love this song. This was the theme song for the first film in 1990

Liverpool Football Club - Anfield Rap

I'm from Liverpool in England. And the Liverpool football team did rap which has legendary status in L'pool.

De La Soul - Me Myself And I

De La Soul and the daisy age. They were seen as soft at the time but hip-hop has a place for everyone and it's only now that people are giving De La Soul the props they should have got.

Snap - Ooops Up

Snap's most famous song was "Power" but for "Ooops up" was the song I used to always ask the DJ for.

Prodigy - Fire

There is no rapping in this track. It's a techno track with break beats and very much hip hop influenced. Used to love this track

C+C Music Factory - Everybody Sweat

The clubs used to go insane when this came on back in the day. Still sounds excellent.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
When I was in grade school, I wasn't in music that much... My little brother was in a different school. He borrowed a tape from a friend. That was the first song on the tape...

I listened to that 1st song at least 50 times in the next days...

TACTIK

The most unique producer on here
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 527
preview_main_ff1afc329285356daf6dff733907f4ec.jpeg

MTV was dope back in the 90's with music/videos that inspired me with the styles I enjoy to this day.

Last edited:

drinji

Drinji Ikari aka SAWTOOTH
Battle Points: 18
I actually didn't like hip hop growing up.
Then I heard Wu-Tang around age 12.
nuff said.
Wu Tang, IS, for the children.