What makes a mainstream artist

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
^^^
Do you want this to be the norm in the music industry people taping a key over some drums and singing 10 words over a beat. This is terrible not just for hip hop, but the entire music industry. He has def inspired me too! TO NOT LISTEN TO THE RADIO.

lmao....that view is really EXTREME....you're in the "NOT LISTENING TO THE RADIO" minority so I don't think that part of the industry will suffer one bit. One genre of music can't and will never be the "death of an industry". The music industry was here long before rap and it definitely doesn't hinge on it's success. You speak as though hip hop/rap music controls the industry and that just isn't so. I personally listen to waaaaaaaaaaaayyyy more than just hip/hop and rap music. Life would be real boring if I didn't. It's really not that serious!

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
^^^^
I did not single hip hop out, I said the entire music industry first off. I listen to other music other than hip hop too. I will say that Hip Hop has had a dramatic impact on the music industry though.

I wish that this would not be tied in with "HIP HOP" genre then. I can enjoy other music because of what they put into it. It is funny because all you hear on the radio is hip hop like Soulja Boy...etc. So now you have people (none hip hop lovers) hating hip hop because this is all they know as "hip hop". They dont know true hip hop. This also creates a lot of negative stereotyping towards us because they associate people who listen to hip hop to people like Soulja Boy, Lil'Jon, Ying Yang twins. It is embaressing.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
lmao....people who listen to dirty south music DO NOT dislike hip hop. Come down south and you'll see for yourself. I can take you to EVERY club in Atlanta and watch how the dance floors gets filled when DJ's go to there hip hop sets. I knew eventually die hard hip hop fans (like u) would try and reverse the hate. It's simply not true. You won't hear the average listener of today's music say one negative thing about hip hop or it's past. I DJ down south so I'm not guessing whether that statement is true, I know for a fact it is. Everybody down hear (minus the extremely young) where raised up on hip hop. When I throw on my east coast hip hop set I get the same reaction that I do when I play my dirty south set or my west coast set. THE PEOPLE LOVE IT. I have just as many east coast peeps in the building as I do southerners...sometimes even more. Depends on where I spin.

See that's the problem, I mentioned it in another thread. The hate, disdain and discus is a one way street. You guys hate what we do but we respect what you do and have done. That's also the reason dirty south music "ain't going no where" and it'll be extremely hard (if at all) for any resemblance of "real hip hop" to make a come back. Karma is a bitch...u get back what you put!

ILLMUZIK has been around for how many years? Go find one thread that someone started dissin hip hop...GO FIND ONE...u won't. Nothing else needs to be said....the shits actually sad...really really sad! Shouldn't be that way!

members online

No members online now.