What makes Fl Studio better than other DAW?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
well, that's my point, i dont need the ssl matrix hehe

but for $26k it might be a solution if one doesnt want to bother with an alternative. We're doing fine with just an ssl alpha link ax, logic's environment and Avid/Euphonix artist.
Mosses & Mitchell Patchpays takes care of the flexibility, routine replaces recall and its not really missing (Matrix has recall but your outboard is still manual...).

On 26k you probably would probably spend 15k for the setup and have plenty of cash left for some siemens, telefunken, tab, rfz, ant or neumann pre's and something cool like UBK fatso, api 5500 or 2500, hammer / nail :)

In the end its a matter of perspective, to me the set is plain simple but someone else might see the light with a Matrix instead.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I don't think anything is better than the other, really. I prefer some because of my familiarity with it...

I started with FL studio and used it from 2.5 until 9.0. I've since worked with strictly Maschine and Pro Tools. I do love what I use now.....I love the pad integration with the software, that's my thing right now. I will always have a special place in my heart for FL Studio, it got me my first check for music, won me some battles (including a couple here). It has sentimental value. I will never say that FL studio sucks, because that shit is a beast....but so is Reason...so is Logic...So is Cubase and Acid.....the reason why they're all good, because you can create dope music with all of it. The dope music comes from you, not the tools.

I going to be 100% honest... the only reason in the past that I didn't USE FL was the name "fruity" .. that's all.... and let me tell that was one of my biggest mistakes... why because FL has the features and the flow that I have been looking for the longest... I currently own all the DAWS...and by far FL just lets u MAKE music... Reason is also good at just been a tool to make music... but the lack of vst support is a pain...

http://www.hotbeats4less.com

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Let's not jump to conclusions via sarcasm, DP..

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
+1 to whoever said its not the tool that makes dope music...

I haven't been able to find 1 advanced Reason user say "I use Reason but FL is better..." nor have I found 1 advanced FL user say "Reason is better"... This is a wild guess but Im willing to bet the reason for this is because once we find what suits us the best, we pretty much stick to it. If it aint broke, why fix it right? Find whatever DAW works best for you and its the best DAW ever! Lol.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ha, I WILL concede and say as of right now, FL is better than Reason at hardcore sample chopping. This is why I may chop samples in Maschine and then bring them in to Reason. But boy, I have not found a better sound design software than Reason. You can freaking build anything. Unless of course you look at Reaktor or Max/MSP. But honestly I want to see the sun once in a while! :)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
^ I can't believe I'm reading that...

WTF is going on these days?

People actually conceding on ILL...

Fuck this..I'm playing powerball..