What new producers are you feeling?

I

I.Q.

I wanted to see what new producers everybody was feeling right now.

I'm really feelin Fantom of the Beat, Cool & Dre, and Red Spyda.

Fantom of the beat did an amazing job on that Magic Stick beat! I heard the original sample they used and I was amazed by how they flipped that joint. They definitely know how to flip samples.

Same for Cool & Dre. I don't even know how they made that Hate It Or Love It beat out of that sample they used. I tried to recreate the beat and it ended up sounding like a bunch of distorted mess. They definitely f*cked around with the EQ and panning when they sampled that sh*t.

Red Spyda's ill too. He samples sh*t you'll never think of f*cking with and still makes it hot. I like how he did D-Block's Kiss Your Ass Goodbye. Dude's really talented.

Who are yall feelin?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i'm feelin' J.R Rotem just listen to 50's position of power dope piano- he doesn't use samples he's a former classical music player he's done like 25 beats in the last couple of months for like yayo, fat joe lil kim and others he's the future. i also gotta say kanye west- that common album every beat he did is sick as fuck. i still like just blaze and still the best is dr dre- his beats are fuckin serious. -that kid

I

I.Q.

that kid said:
i'm feelin' J.R Rotem just listen to 50's position of power dope piano- he doesn't use samples he's a former classical music player he's done like 25 beats in the last couple of months for like yayo, fat joe lil kim and others he's the future. i also gotta say kanye west- that common album every beat he did is sick as fuck. i still like just blaze and still the best is dr dre- his beats are fuckin serious. -that kid
Yeah Kanye's a beast. I think he's underrated in a way. Most people think all he does is pitch up a sample and loop it, but he's way deeper than that. He can really flip a sample! I liked that Testify joint he did for Common, that sh*t was ill! Did you hear that new track he did for Mobb Depp? I think it's called "Throw Your Hands In The Air" or something. Sh*t is dope.
I'm not a big fan of Dre. His older work was sick but now he seems to lack creativity. All his new beats sound dull to me.

I

I.Q.

classic said:
Im feeling myself......afrique, producergyal,coldtruth and markn

I like needlz, he has some good shit out wit G-Unit, JB, of course other then that no real "new" cats stand out to me

clas..
Yeah I liked that track he did for The Game. I wasn't really feelin "Piggy Bank" but he definitely has a unique style.

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
To the guy thats aid "Hate it or love it" was hard, you musta had the wrong sample... Cuz I got that sample and it's just a long loop with the last bar looped twice. But that's one of my favorite sampled songs ever so no hate here.

I'm a fan of Cool & Dre after hearing the new Fat Joe CD... Even though I hated them since they started out by biting the Neptunes' sound flat out (not even inspired, BIT!) But they're cool now, I like how they do both sampling and synth sequencing.

Other than that... Nobody really matters to me, Kanye's tha man, but he aint new.. He "made it" and aint goin nowhere.

-Donovan

ill o.g.
Ron Browz. He's comin up. I aint heard a lot from him lately, but i know he's workin. Hes gonna be big in a couple years.

-Ether, Last Real N---- Alive - Nas
-Blow It Out Ya Azz - Luda
-Play Ball - Lloyd Banks
-We Run This - Fat Joe
-Ebonics, Size Em Up, Casualties Of A Dice Game, The Heist - Big L

I

I.Q.

Donovan said:
To the guy thats aid "Hate it or love it" was hard, you musta had the wrong sample... Cuz I got that sample and it's just a long loop with the last bar looped twice. But that's one of my favorite sampled songs ever so no hate here.

I'm a fan of Cool & Dre after hearing the new Fat Joe CD... Even though I hated them since they started out by biting the Neptunes' sound flat out (not even inspired, BIT!) But they're cool now, I like how they do both sampling and synth sequencing.

Other than that... Nobody really matters to me, Kanye's tha man, but he aint new.. He "made it" and aint goin nowhere.

-Donovan
The Tramps - Rubberband

That sh*t wasn't looped. Listen to both versions carefully.

Ron Browz is cool too. I was definitely feelin his Big L & Nas work. Hope to hear more sh*t from him,

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i like Needlz, except iv heard him use the same drum pattern in every beat he does lol, but his beats do thump. im feelin cool & dre at the moment. i cant really think of many 'new' producers at the moment.

Donovan

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I.Q. said:
The Tramps - Rubberband

That sh*t wasn't looped. Listen to both versions carefully.

Ron Browz is cool too. I was definitely feelin his Big L & Nas work. Hope to hear more sh*t from him,

There's a breakdown in the song that sounds NOTHING like the rest of the song, it's like 4 minutes into the song. Believe me, it's looped.

-Donovan

I

I.Q.

Donovan said:
There's a breakdown in the song that sounds NOTHING like the rest of the song, it's like 4 minutes into the song. Believe me, it's looped.

-Donovan
I heard the whole song.
I really don't care if it was looped or not the sh*ts still hot.
How do you guys feel about Nottz? His sh*ts real nice. His drums always bang and he always has an ill bassline to complement the track. I liked that G-Unit song he did, "Footprints"

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
hmmm, new producers? Alot of these producers mentioned ain't new.. Cool and Dre Been around for a minute and so has Red Spyda, If that's the case I like Hi-tek... But, I guess now they are getting the credibility they deserve... J.R. Rotem is nice, his style's tight and it's pure gotta respect that... Can;t really think of any new cats besides dude though that are nice...

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
that kid said:

Yeah me too, I'm really feeling that J.R guy. I think that guys like him will make non-sample based beat more popular.

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
Im feelin Cool and Dre tha stuff they did on Fat Joe's Album is nice, and Needlez the song he did on Game's album. Thats all i can think of.

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
classic said:
Im feeling myself......afrique, producergyal,coldtruth and markn

I like needlz, he has some good shit out wit G-Unit, JB, of course other then that no real "new" cats stand out to me

clas..

aawww... thanks Classic!!!
well, sometime when you think a producer is new in the game, they may have been gridding for soooo long...

S

Svenghali

None of the guys I'm gonna mention are new, but relatively speaking they been around for a few years. Toxic (production on Twista's last project), J-Dilla (formerly of the Ummah and Slum Village) and Rich Harrison (Crazy In Love, 1 Thing, ect.). I can't think of anyone else right now off the top.