What Old School Arist Influenced Your Music?

Stick_Man

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Me i would have to say Isaac Hayes, Quincy Jones and Curtis Mayfield some of the innovators of their time... whats everyone elses?

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Except the ones you've mentioned, Michael Jackson. The peeps over at Motown, Norman Withfield, Lamont Dozier, Smokey Robinson etc.

I get most of my influence from other hip-hop though.

Killah Tekniq

ill o.g.
Malcolm McLaren, James Brown, Jackson Five, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, David Axelrod, Roy Ayers, Isaac Hayes, Curtis Mayfield.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
black sheep, Helta Skelta, BM's I gotcha opin, nice an smooth, early wu, 1st chronic, even tracey lee, early ninties mixtapes my brother brought back from NY (some recorded from the radio),

and all the dumb rednecks where I grew up to give me perspective compared to the music and culture I realized exsisted! One Love

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
hmm...well all i know is i try to be as hard as kool mo dee on stage...not even move, just stand there with my arms crossed and not move.

otherwise, blue oyster cult, the rythms of a lot of northern indian classical music, hendrix's sense of style, sun ra's sense of not giving a damn, john cage's thinking out of the box-ness, Salvador Dali, picasso, braque

members online