what should i listen to

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
some recent artists i'm feeling are ill poetic, blu & exile, jay electronica, and wale

as far as producers go i'm really feeling dj khalil's new stuff, karriem riggins, and recently got more into jake one, vitamin d (can't stop listening to gift of gab's record)

edit: here's a wale track
http://www.zshare.net/audio/12949345bfbe7d32/

Quality

Godson of the Clapper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 19
some recent artists i'm feeling are ill poetic, blu & exile, jay electronica, and wale

as far as producers go i'm really feeling dj khalil's new stuff, karriem riggins, and recently got more into jake one, vitamin d (can't stop listening to gift of gab's record)

edit: here's a wale track
http://www.zshare.net/audio/12949345bfbe7d32/

Blu & Exil are hella dope. Definitely check "Below The Heavens" if you haven't yet.

Blu's new album just came out under CRAS, "The Piece Talks". Haven't really had a chance to check it much though.

Here are some the albums I have on my wantlist (most can be found on itunes):

Asheru and Blue Black - "48 Months"

Naledge and Double O are Kidz in The Hall - "School Was My Hustle"

Moka Only – "Flood"; "Vermillion"

LMNO & Kev Brown - "Selective Hearing"

Y Society - "Travel At Your Own Pace"

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
Soul P

I just heard of this dude yesterday, but man the boy has got some spit game for real. I think you'll like him alot, not only because of the style, but he is a Christian. Dope music all around though man.

here is his myspace link:

www.myspace.com/soulp

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Royce 5'9 S!ck S!ck Mc
GRAF

2nd_Man

The 2nd Generation Of Man
ill o.g.
Every1 so far has said fellow hip-hop artists, if you really wanna for diff music, listen to a diff genre
you said you like funk stuff, so listen to some funkadelic, thats raw funk. and alot of the stuff you listen to samples funkadelic heavily, there a real big influence on hip-hop

edit* i cosign Kweli, you cant listen to all those without hearing Kweli as well

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Shit I'll listen to shit from the 50s/60s as long as Ive never really heard of it before and it sounds dope....But even if its something from the 90s or whatever its not the era that really matters but rather is tha album good?....I'll play a good album forever, or at least always come back to it ya know.

members online