What Song Made You Want To Create Beats

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
when I saw all of the people around me, in my location, blowing up (Big Tymers, Cash Money Billionitches, Master P-ness, the wreckshop brothel, etc.... That shit made me think... GODDAMN! These knobjobs can blow up the spot, and yet I'm sitting at home doing graphics?? fuuuuk this... I've even got one up on them... I have a little talent!

but really though.. I've been playing around with different stuff since 12, and nothing has motivated me more than "Breakin' Bread" by Hi-Tek. And any DJ Premier song. Or RZA. Yes, I AM a hip-hop producer/beatmaker CLICHE'. I can't help it.

AND RAKIM IS GOD. so there.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Im a pianist and i love hip hop. so it was just a matter of time. I havent been doing this that long(under a year) and I started pretty late(23) but my musical background and illmuzik has definatly helped me gain ground.

There is no specfic beat that inspried me but i have to say that outkast and the whole orginazed noise click definalty inspires me. The prove that hip hop can be musical and still have an edge

class....

C

Carpe Diem

I dont think i was inspired by anybody really... I started bout 2 years ago, producing 4/4 UK Garage... Then a local rapper asked for a beat, so i made one... Gone from there really....

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Some tracks and artists that made me wanna make beats wuz WU, Big L,and now Jedi mind Tricks be givin me mad inspiration now

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
basically all hip hop inspires me. i dont know if i can think of one beat on its own but i spose my main inspirations r dre, kanye, alchemist.

i could probly name a lot more but listenin to some of their tracks has def made we want to make a beat.

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Shook Ones!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Any Dre Beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The Show

Emiem Show- I know that was kinda recent, but I was into House production before I heard that. That changed my mind.

Aminimity

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I always had listen to hip hop and at the same time was always killing time on computer music creation programs not really trying for any genre of music.

I didnt occur to me make beats untill i started buying records and getting into diggin and shit like that..

The first beat i ever made was off a busted 45, song called "the baby" could say that song is what got me to produce hip hop.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Actually, I always wanted to make beats, but it's not a song, it's a person... A producer in my lil brother's former group (Principal of Dominos)... I just wanted to try out doing beats, and I liked it...

Fruity Looooooooop!!!

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont know who in particular influenced me but i remember I got into making beats out of necessity. I remember we were so bored at school so we would sit in the back of the classroom and write rhymes and then spit them to the others in the break. we did this just for kicks but the other people there were like - your shit is funny as fuck, u gotta record it. But then we didnt have any beats, so I hooked up with this other cat that wasnt even into hip hop but had production software and I started fucking around with it and thats how I started. Then I heard what other cats were doing and i read what equipment they use and I was like - damn I can do this too.

members online