What The Hell????!!!!

L-LaMENT

Audio Artistic Slave
ill o.g.
I went to FYE (Cd Store) two days ago and I happended to find the LAST copy of Slum Village: Fantastic Vol. 2 I have been wanting this CD for the longest. This was supposed to be there "best album" besides Detroit Deli. I spent $20.00 for that CD and ran home to hear it.

I'll be damn if this wasn't THE most lyrically wack album I have ever heard from an independent hip hop group. I've heard people say that Slum Village is a guilty pleasure...but damn!! I listened to the whole thing and the entire time I was listening to it, all I could think about was how my wallet was 20 dollarz thinner and how I could at least get a store credit (since u can't refund opened CDs). I know JayDee is nice on the boards, back then, I don't know what was wrong with his ears but the snares in most of the beats are high pitched as hell!!!! And WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY SAYING!!!!!???? I'll give anybody 2 dollars if they can figure out what the hell T3 and Batan or whatever (the guy with the turban) Be saying when they rap. (I traded Slum in for Guru Jazzmatazz Vol. 2 and Nas: The Lost Tapes)

Basically....in a nutshell this album sucked to me.

Does anybody here agree or disagree with me...if you disagree...give me one reason to give Slum Village a THIRD chance... (I bought Trinity and broke it...didn't eve feel like making the trip to get a refund.)

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Damn brah, I dont listen to Slum Village too much because that one dude T3 always sucked in my opinion (although that "new" dude Elzhi is kinda cool). It's a good thing you traded it for Nas' Lost Tapes though, that is the shit.

-Roy

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
I don't know of anyone that listens to Slum V for lyrics, it's all about JayDee's production. Which is insanely dope. Similarly, JayDee and Madlib's Champion sound is all about production and not two producers rappin. You got two dope trades though.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Word....A good friend is a big fan but ive never heard anything to loose sleep over yet, he always tells me their old shit is the stuff to listen too, but i have their old joints and im still not hyped like my homie, and i kno what u mean about fantastic 2, i have that album as well and i cant even listen to it......Theres just somethin about about it that spells wack all over it???

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?......That album knocks in my opinion....Like what Dude said its more about Jay Dee Production than the lyrics...different strokes for different folks

members online