What was the motivation behind the choice of your name?

S

Svenghali

There are alot of interesting names 'round here. Fade, Shortfuze, Ash Holmz, Spanish Harlem, Dahkter just to name a few. How'd you come up with your name? Any signifigance to the name?

I liked the sound of the name Svengali as well as some of the "modern day" definitions of word:
Manipulator, guru, charmer, manager, controller, influence. How about yours?

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
My real name with the letters twisted around.

I was scared about copyright infringement so I thought it'd be a good idea to just encrypt my real name into my stage name so I could hide while I sampled the hell out of anyone I wanted. A lot of my equipment has red lights on it. I am still thinking about changing mine because I see the words Ominous and Red too much now.

Started out as Bomber Brown > Malaki Brazo > Ominous Red > ????

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
my name started out as" The G.M.C." (Great MC) back in 79, but i was told GrandMaster Caz would battle me for it... i was 13 at the time... i wouldve got roasted... i also went with G-MAN, but u know thats a rapper as well. so i changed it to Slick Gee... Gee since my 1st name is Greg... and i was a "slick" dude back then, gettin into shit, but not gettin caught.

then later on around 80, i became "Slick Gee the G-MC" G-MC now meaning "G-Man Can." that name stuck until i was out tha game in 95 when Hip Hop was gettin "shiny." when i came back in 2001, and realized these young cats wasnt sayin nothin "slick", i decided to go thru a few names... since me and my partner (Count D at the time, later known as Count DA Relic) called ourselves "Da Relixx" i figured it was only right to call myself "Slik dA Relic" droppin the "c" to differentiate from Slick Rick... years later, i added "tha Livin fossil" since im an old MFer... hence the name "Slik dA Relic, tha livin fossil" "some o' yaw know me, some o' yaw dont!" people eat that shit up now... i love every minute of it.

da relic

Lazy Eyes

The Beat Konduktah
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
My name came from me having a lazy eye, since i was young.. used to wear an eye patch and all.. at younger age.. Right now I just adapted the name to do a good thing.. Making music, so now the name is Lazy Eyes..

Been thinking bout changing it a few times, cus i heard there was some other round in the producer that carries the same name.. But people round here now know me by this name, and since I am from holland.. i do it for fun and might consider to change the name sometime again..

But for now , i'ma stick with it..

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I Been Relic since like '91, thats because I had been into the hiphop thing since '83 and already I felt like a Relic then..
Before that C.M.F (Crowd Mover Forever) or whatever else I could put to that..Em wasnt the first guy to abuse himself in a battle to take away the other sides amo( Cracka Muh Fucker)..lol
And yes even Def Jeff..Until Def Jeff came out..Then it was CMF until Relic , and will remian so , as I am going to make all the other Relic's disappear..lol ,
Dont worry Slick there is another white Relic in Canada, and he's GOOD, reeeaally good, so he has to go first..giving you plenty of time to just be Slick..LOL
Gonna end up like the wicked witches in wizard of Oz and shit, Relic of the East Relic of the South and Relic of the North!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
My last name is Osborne and friends always called me Oz. Then the cartoon movie Osmosis Jones came out, friends at school started calling me Osmosis as joke and it just happend to stick. You rarly get to choose your nickname.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
In my humble opinion and on second thought, Wings Of An Angel represents MY-SELF\BEING perfectly. But to be frank, it shaped spontaneously. The first idea I had when choosing an alias was Wings Of An Angel…

Deepest Blessings,
Wings of an Angel

'Wings of an Angel, roaming through unknown destinations... The sound of life... Gazing into my soul...'

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
^^^i didnt know you were nomics!!!! when you change your ill name from nomics product?

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
I dont use NYSOM i go by componentz i got it from a DJ Clue mixtape Hev E Componentz back then clue had alot of hot joints on Hev E Componentz 1-4 back then i was very into tape decks i used to write Componentz in the bathroom walls at my job lol n plus im a gadget freak lol

Gene Flo

"Current Events" OUT NOW! www.TheVerbalImage.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
SpanishHarlem came from my dads side of the fam being from Chile and the people are of Spanish Ancestry not exactly sure where in Spain but I know they are from Spain...

the Harlem part is because my boys were tellin me always that I have a heavy east coast sound in a lot of the beats I made...and really they stuck that name on me....I just felt it works...

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I got mine eight years ago when I first moved to BK, there's a scene in a movie called "Spies Like Us" where everyone calls each other doctor (bad movie, good scene). It got to the point when I'd see my friends, we'd drag it out, like wassup ddddaaaaaahhhhkkkkter.
So one day I was djing a gig on Smith Street in BK, they had a chalk board in front, and my boy Oliver Vernon wrote "dahkter" on it, and it stuck. My close friends and I actually call each other shmoctor now as a joke to play off the officialness of callin each other doctor.
One other crazy note, I been djing for quite a long time, and my birth name is Jay Zotos, so yeah, you guessed it, back in the day I was known as Jay Zee. I remember seeing a 12" single by Jaz, and there being a credit on the back of a guy named "Jay Z", who woulda thunk he woulda got so damn big.
Some of my other names were O.M.B. (one most blunted) and DJ Swann. I have flyers with all of those names, but the most common is Jay Zotos, although the last couple of years I been using both my real name and dahkter.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Low G Man was an old nintendo game I had back in tha day. I only use it online tho and take any real credits under a flashy version of my real name (Richie Betz). I've never been good with words tho so that's why I make beats and don't put much focus in this name stuff. I've yet to come up with a suitable one that matches my style and personality so untill that day it's gonna have to be Low Gravity.

Peace.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
I derived my production name from Little drummer boy. Lil of course slang for little....southern slang rather. Substituted drummer for drama since hip hop and rap are drama fuel'd IMO and it also gives it a street edge. And Boi used instead of Boy which is also southern slang meaning the same.

My rap group was originally called Criminal Minded of course taken from KRS 1 because he was and is my favorite MC and that album was so influential to me at the time. Since we've been at this so long we changed the name to Urban Legendz in 2002 as result of being on the grind for so long and being considered the first to take hip hop serious in my neck of the woods.

Company name Tight Work Entertainment taken from one of my homies from little Haiti in Miami. They referred to everything good or hot as "tight work". Since he financially backed my studio I let him name the company and that's what he came up with.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I Been Relic since like '91, thats because I had been into the hiphop thing since '83 and already I felt like a Relic then..
Before that C.M.F (Crowd Mover Forever) or whatever else I could put to that..Em wasnt the first guy to abuse himself in a battle to take away the other sides amo( Cracka Muh Fucker)..lol
And yes even Def Jeff..Until Def Jeff came out..Then it was CMF until Relic , and will remian so , as I am going to make all the other Relic's disappear..lol ,
Dont worry Slick there is another white Relic in Canada, and he's GOOD, reeeaally good, so he has to go first..giving you plenty of time to just be Slick..LOL
Gonna end up like the wicked witches in wizard of Oz and shit, Relic of the East Relic of the South and Relic of the North!
lol... im just readin this post... that could make a nice album... i know a group in NYC called "The Ancients" as well... shit could be hot!

da relic

members online

No members online now.