What Will Be The Next Signature Trend in Hip Hop?

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
In my time I've seen "Ol' Girl" change her face so many times, I was just wondering what's next? Let's look over the years....

1988- 1992 James Brown Samples
1992- 1994 Jazz Samples
1994- 1998 G- Funk Era
1998- 2001 Doulbes Up On Snares and Kicks
2002- 2005 Sped Up Samples
Presently Snap Music

I wonder what comes next?

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I very much ditest all form of deforming. Or rather conforming towards something that is presently the IT thing.
I hear it so much, far to often. Now everybody wants to sound like the Neptunes or Lil John. It makes me sad.

People should fuck the trends and just make music that lies true to their character. If it is to make "Lil John" beats that's cool. But so often it just sounds imitated and faulse.

I hate this musical stupidity that has befallen Hip Hop in it's latter years. What the fuck is this when we call a bassdrum, clap plus one synth sound a beat. That is not a beat that is a rhythm. That is not a track it's a rhytm.

Hip hop in it's latter face just aggrivates me. I don't like the trend at all.

So I'd rather see a wide spread in all 360 directions musicwise. Music shouldn't be molded into ideals. Music transends and breaks all barriers and gets a life of its own.

That is sadly not the case today I think.

- And just to clarify-

SO there won't be any hard feelings;
I didn't mean you guys. I just took a general swing at the branch as a whole.

Big up to illmuzik cats big and small for improving and stepping up their game

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
andreas said:
Music shouldn't be molded into ideals.

Ideal. Root word idea. You're saying that producers shouldn't use their ideas/ideals to mold their music. Then what should we use? Since the begining of time man has copied man on all aspects of life. If one has no prior refence or example, then how does one know how to flip it, or even that something needs to be flipped? The majority of people on earth are folLowers, you can't dispute that. Its how life is. What counts is how you express ideas in your own way. Who cares if you had to listen to a Jame's Brown record to do it.

The Konductor

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm not sure many on here want to devulge that info Burnem. Because of the fact that many producers are copy cats. Not saying that there is anything wrong w/ that b/c we're all guilty of it at some point.

I remember thinking back in 1998 that synth sounds ola Lil Jon would be inescapable. I was right. Now I'm leaning towards a straight mash up of all hip-hop styles. Thats what hip-hop is; a blend of all music from the begining til now. Now lets see who can and will blend all hip-hop stlyes ( east, west, south, chopped n screwed, underground,
commercial) into a undeniable head bobbin experience.

andreas

Iller Than Most
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
The Konductor said:
Ideal. Root word idea. You're saying that producers shouldn't use their ideas/ideals to mold their music.

Not at all. That's what I say they should. But they don't. They mold it into someone elses ideas and type sound. That's what I'm saying

I mean. Is it a coinsidence that all of a sudden a lot of tracks and beats sound like twins. They sound just the same.
Then you have just conformed and I don't see the point of that

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
hate to sound out of the loop, but what the hell is snap music? you mean like the whisper song?

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Cold Truth said:
hate to sound out of the loop, but what the hell is snap music? you mean like the whisper song?

yup whisper song, some of that d4l stuff, and most of the stuff that Mr. Collipark is doing is called snap music now

a few months ago I heard his dumbass saying it was called or going to be called "intimate club"

misscc803

Miss C.C.
ill o.g.
Snap and Intimate music is not the same. Its two different styles that wont last long(u can see it fading now.)

But i think people should go back to using REAL INSTRUMENTS cause the new music doesnt have shit on the oldies but thats my opinion.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Hiphop xfers to Rock
Hiphop xfers to Electronica ( and I mean good electronica, not them cheezy two finger synthlead medleys )

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
I think it's gonna be sampling freestyle from the 80's. Which if done correctly could be a hot sound....
I've heard a couple of joints but nothing really that big (commercially anyway). Ghost did it but it wasn't on his album.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I'm guessing,
maybe sampling from another era than the 60's or 70's... (like the 80's), or sampling from foreign countries...

or maybe maying your own samples... like sampling something you created...

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
well there are already producers that have made beats off old 80s tracks, so its not uncommon, but i think it will all turn computer eventually, i dont wanna say it because i love sampling but, eventually it will be all synths and shit, simply because of the fact that the type of music that is taking over on TV and radio, mainly uses synths and shit, but honestly i think hip hop will fade away altogether eventually, and a new era of music will emerge, just like what happened to pretty much every type of music

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
GRAFIK said:
well there are already producers that have made beats off old 80s tracks, so its not uncommon, but i think it will all turn computer eventually, i dont wanna say it because i love sampling but, eventually it will be all synths and shit, simply because of the fact that the type of music that is taking over on TV and radio, mainly uses synths and shit, but honestly i think hip hop will fade away altogether eventually, and a new era of music will emerge, just like what happened to pretty much every type of music

Hip hop is already fading away....If you notice right now, R&B is the mainstream. The great thing about that is it still co-relates to hip hop....The beats are very similar, often the same. But vocally, the MC is a dying breed

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont know what EVERYONE is going to be doing but i just think people will get more creative in their sampling, once all that old soul is used up (which we all know that time will come) more people will start digging into more stuff, and maybe new techniques will be developed to effectively sample genres of music that weren't so hot too sample before

members online