What will beats sound like in 2009?

Complexxx

Hip Hop Apprentice
ill o.g.
Already been done

Phonetik said:
People will be sampling country
You might be right. But I believe it has been done by Timbaland on Bubba Sparxxx's latest CD.

ill o.g.
(You can quote me when this happens)

For real,

I think C Rayz Walz will be more well known.

And,

Ron Browz will be a leader in the hip-hop production world.

In 2009,
Look back and remember what i said.

ill o.g.
For those who dont know,

Ron Browz is an up and coming producer. Im really feelin his style of beats. Im pretty sure he only uses an MPC2000 and a Fantom.

He produced:
"Blow It Out" for Ludacris (Chicken & Beer)
"Ether" for Nas (stillmatic)
"Play Ball" for Lloyd Banks (Hunger For More)
"Last Real Nigga Alive" for Nas (gods son)

Frictionbeats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 51
afrique deluxe

afrique deluxe will be on the cover of SCRATCH. ILLMUZIK will have its own magazine out.
Dr. Dre will be more musical than ever ( he'll be next Quincy Jones ).
Timbaland will be on some dope ass Sci-fi ish!
KanyeWest will start using slow pitched samples instead of high...LOL
Andre3000 will be on tour Frontin his own band.

thats all I can imagine right now!!

Peace out!

-Fric

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
kwantize said:
they all ready came up whit something kind of new ...u hummmmmmmm the melody 2 a song and i will find songs thats sound like that ... i think one day u maby can hook up something 2 your brain and i will make the beat 4 you .....i would make some crazy shit lol

That would be the greatest invention ever. Beat would be so hot. Cuz really, HOW MANY TIME THE BEAT YOU DID WAS AS HOT AS THE ONE IN YOUR HEAD??? That doesn't happend a lot of time.

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
All some crazy ideas posted here, but I believe with ever going easier opportunity for dreamers to make beats. I feel the quality and time put into making one hot ass album will be dramatically reduced for an easy dime in the poceket. I fear the realest will be overshadowed by producers who sit around all day pushing buttons and luckily get a hot ass beat, it is possible if you got the dough to spend on royalty free hi-fi samples where someone digs for you and beat loops are alreayd programmed. On the other side I believe just from scoping out Illmuzik on a daily that the dedicated and true will evolve to supremacy and the birth of several fresh new genres and styles of beat-making will hit the world with such force, the beginning of the next generation of beat heads and I think presumably thats where we step in as heroes.

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Imagination coupled with sample time and better gear have contributed why beats aren't as simplistic as they used to be.....Plus there are like 100 times as many producers contributing to the whole beat pool or resorvoir of ideas..........the other thing is the the internet is a perfect way for ideas and styles to spread....or new concepts to be mimicked and then turned into something different.....so to me the sounds will be out there that sound like who is hot at the moment...and also a lot depends on the hot MC out there that chooses his soundscape.....Just think of how Jiggaz beat choices amplified the whole soul sampling frenzy......I think for something to remain funky and keeping with the hip hop swing it can't go into some overly synthy or organic realm I don't think...????? so its gonna be funky regardless because the streets won't let hip hop change too much.....go listen to some of the shidd on the underground that is supposed be hot right now for instance over at undergroundhiphop.com......it stayed pretty much Tru skool sounding and not far from the 90's so I don't think dope beats will change that much even though some people that don't have luv for that original art would not like to keep it sounding so vinyl based....I still contend from what I have always said that a lot of music that at different points in time somehow now sit under the one genre and umbrella as.....Hip Hop that's what causes confusion when conversations about the genre and what's hot and what's not come up.....but who would have pictured the way that Just Blaze or Kanye have changed the sound.....if this was 10 years ago?????

ill o.g.
Speaking strickly on technology, since portable dvd players are on the come up and hard disk based ones are sure to follow, listening to music will no longer be acceptable. If you as a producer/artist don't put out full concept video music disks/mix tapes(disks)...that is complete songs with concept videos you are gonna be slept on hard. And your stuff won't get bumped in a whip tricked out with tvs because there's no visuals associated and ur disk will be deemed wack.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

G

groovesaga

My guess is more electronic and more abstract. Also more fusion with other styles and ofcourse a lot of retro.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
there will still be some sampling, but i think by then there will be more artist that make all of their own stuff from scratch, no samples. Cuz i think right now every producer thats in main stream uses samples, or they replay an old melody but just change it up a little. Hey it could even go backwards, like all the beats will be as dope as when The Temptations or James Brown were around, cuz if you go back and just listen to the music, like the instraments and the chord progressions, and the beat changes you will hear some dope ass music..................the evolution of Hip Hop.............where will it take us next??