What would you do....

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
i dont know if its cheaper. you can get a ten pack of cds and burn a label yourself with lightscribe for like 10 bux. A usb drive is that much for one. either way would of been good, however, that is not the point big head. the point is that i aint take advantage of the situation. but who knows, maybe it wasnt meant to be.

T

The Arkitekt

yo dude, ain't anything "meant to be"

it's what you make it, you could have gave him the CD but you didn't (with a good reason I guess, I wouldve paid the fee to get the next flight)

I'm not trying to put you down or anything... words like "fate" are just an excuse to me

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
i dont know if its cheaper. you can get a ten pack of cds and burn a label yourself with lightscribe for like 10 bux. A usb drive is that much for one. either way would of been good, however, that is not the point big head. the point is that i aint take advantage of the situation. but who knows, maybe it wasnt meant to be.

Big head?

Hahaha...

Didn't you know I got a reduction?

And lightscribing sucks...

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
^^^ dont sweat it man ... things start to get out of whack when u start to think "what if" too much. Ross just released his album a few weeks ago he's probably not even thinking bout recording now prolly smack in the middle of his promo tour and 50 beef. at any rate Thats already in the past. Focus on the future and you will b straight. Illfellaz got some heat. It'll happen one way or another. Besides I need those beats anyway LOL. Somtimes moving gives u fresh perspective on shit. Who knows u guys might find the next pac somewhere in SC. I think in this day in age the game is more about breaking an artist than just tryin to get beats to the big guys.

Da IllFellaz

Knee Deep In Da Beats
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 125
^^^ dont sweat it man ... things start to get out of whack when u start to think "what if" too much. Ross just released his album a few weeks ago he's probably not even thinking bout recording now prolly smack in the middle of his promo tour and 50 beef. at any rate Thats already in the past. Focus on the future and you will b straight. Illfellaz got some heat. It'll happen one way or another. Besides I need those beats anyway LOL. Somtimes moving gives u fresh perspective on shit. Who knows u guys might find the next pac somewhere in SC. I think in this day in age the game is more about breaking an artist than just tryin to get beats to the big guys.

agreed....

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Once I get my shit situated out here, I'll take the drive out there...You guys find a place, yet?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
When you get laid off of a good job...then take the first shit job you get so you could make ends meet....that kind of sets you back a little bit, no?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
SC sux btw, its like stepping back in time. They are still not convinced that slaves were freed there .
Additionally the confederacy is still alive there and "The South Will Rise Again YYEEEHOOO!!" is a prevelant attitude.
Its nothing to see the stars and bars flying everywhere, they only recently were required to remove that damn flag from their capital steps , but they just moved it across the yard there, "Heritage Not Hatred" is what they like to say but are too stupid to figure out that its a heritage OF hatred. lol
Also no one is able to actually drive worth a shit because they are not used to paved roads, thus every road is treated as though its a looong country gravel road. I look at SC plates as a warning symbol.
At the head of every great traffic jam in charlotte is some idiot with an SC plate.
Dont let me discourage you though.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I would have done the same thing. At best I may have tried to ninja star my cd at him

dbit

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I grew up on Detroit techno here in the dirty D, and have given out so many techno beat cd's in my younger years I can't even keep count. I also ran two smaller labels that helped break several artists who are now working with some of the biggest labels in that game.

The techno world is much much smaller then the hip hop world, so there's a different dynamic. There's gotta be at least 100x more people trying to get into the hip hop game, plus there's more money, bigger entourages, more people trying to keep peddlers away from an artist or producer.

Anyways, in that smaller game I took all kinds of chances, any opportunity to hand off a disc. Really you have to be able to suck it up and swallow your pride a bit, but still try and come off as someone professional, keep your cool, maybe ask a very short question or two about something that's currently happening in their career, always show that you value their time and intend to be brief.

Anyhow, look at any lost opportunity as a suggestion from reality. So you couldn't give Rick the CD directly. Well, find out who in his team listens to beats, get in touch, send out a disc, and follow up. At least that way you did something about it instead of just wondering. You saw dude two times in a couple months. Maybe that's saying something to you, maybe it isn't, but at least there are actionable steps that you can take and say you tried.

members online