What's an excellent Mic to buy?

RedRayn

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I need something that will give me that "studio quality" sound that I need to achieve, but something affordable.

As long as the mic can offer solid sounding tracks, that I can push on a CD and sell... feel me?

my price range is $50-$150...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
If you want a good mic: Shure SM58, Audio Technica ATM10a or Behringer B2 Pro (harder to find)
you could all find those around 100 - 150$

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
a good quality mic is extreme on importance, I would say any vocal shure is a good choice for a good price... Try and go for something with a shockmount and can be mounted easy. Never go with a "nobody" company... I am thinkin about an MXL 990 cardioid condenser mic, but only cuz it's cheap and has gotten good review "for the money". (50.00 or so) it comes with a hard case and the shockmount and cable too... my boy loaned me a shure pg-58 and I can't wait to hear what it does for clarity.

WHATEVER YOU DO, do not forsake the compressor/limiter for the vocal content.

A.R.T. makes good tube compressors for a good price, like tube MP. the Studio V3 is about 120$ and the vocals they drop are full and REALLY clean sounding.

It makes all the difference, especially if you plan on gettin heated on the mic, like me.

Rive

ill o.g.
I've been using the SM58 for a few years now and it's perfect for me.
The only gripe I have is that it's too sensitive, so you can easily pickup background noise.
But with a little EQíng that too can be easily remedied.
For the price it's nice

T

The Bastard

yeH SM58 ACTUALLY A STAGE MIC BUT THAT SHIT SOUNDS GOOD

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Studio Projects B1 goes for $119
http://www.studioprojects.com/b1.html

Definitly recommended.

SM is nice too, for on stage that is. Unless you have a good signal processor like a focusrite voicemaster it will not do for a good recording in your studio. But it's good a lot of things, pop the head off and you've got yourself a sm57 hehe.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
SENNHEISER E835 has a wider frequency response sounds less 'wooly' than the sm58 and has a 10 year warranty. i have a sm58 and an e835 (as well as a shure b3.1 and adk a-51) the e835 is the best dynamic mic i have for vocals. can be had for about $60 us on ebay

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
helix said:
Im gonna agree wit Formant on the B-1 from Behringer. I love it. It comes with the case, the mic, and the shockmount.

Get it for $99.99 at www.pssl.com/.

?

A Studio Projects B1. Behringer is crap, not all, but in general you'd be better off with a studio projects mic.