what's good, illmuzik... Cold Truth stoppin in to say hello

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
long time no see, as usual. i love this place and always will, despite my absence, and i just felt like i should let y'all know that. anyhow, i make this post once or twice a year maybe, just to say what's up and update folks on what i'm doing.

things can change quickly in a year, i'll tell you guys that... and those of you who knew me back when i was pimp slappin members with my mod powers, i had a pretty rough go at things. that, my friends, is now no longer the case.

i'm engaged, she's pregnant now, we just bought a house, i have a solid, stable job with the county at a solid wage and plentiful overtime at the moment. this has an obvious price tag, as i really don't have much time to make music anymore. i play around here and there but i've probably sat down and seriously made a beat once since the summer.

though, i will say, that's not the only thing taking up time. i'd still have time... however i have set my sites on business in a big way. i'm building a classified website with an active aim to become a viable alternative to the craigslists of the world... and that takes a LOT of time getting the design inteface just right, to say nothing of fairly extensive market research i've done. i'm not reinventing any wheels here, but adding a lot of things. i should be ready to rock in a few months with that. i've also been hard at work exploring my "phase two" of that project- yeah, i'm aiming for the big time and it's essential to know where i'm going after I get the classified up and running.

all in all things are unbelievably good and it's actually a little wierd. i'm not used to this. but it's good, real good. 2010 started out kinda slow but it's been an upward slope that's still going up- i just got a promotion and a pretty fat raise and settled on that "phase two" in the last few weeks.

so uh... yeah.. what's been up though? what's new? who's gone, who's still around?

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
Cold! Good to see all is going well, congrats on the engagement, and the soon to be Cold junior! Assuming it's a boy... good looking on the job front, workin for the city or county always seems to pay well and has some nice perks. The website thing could be awesome, hope it pans out... Craigslist is nice at times, but also frustrating. I haven't made a beat in years, so I feel you on that front!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
we think Cold Jr. might be a "she", actually.

Cold! Good to see all is going well, congrats on the engagement, and the soon to be Cold junior! Assuming it's a boy... good looking on the job front, workin for the city or county always seems to pay well and has some nice perks. The website thing could be awesome, hope it pans out... Craigslist is nice at times, but also frustrating. I haven't made a beat in years, so I feel you on that front!

we'll find out in a couple weeks though. far as the county, man... talk about perks! the OT is awesome when it's available, paid holidays like crazy, and nice work schedules so i get every other friday off. it's cake.

thanks for the words by the way. much appreciated. so how come you haven't made beats lately?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Glad to hear from you as always! Congrats on everything, we've all seen you struggling and it's nice to hear some good news that you're finally doing your thing...

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hey, i figure if i can share all the gory stuff,

Glad to hear from you as always! Congrats on everything, we've all seen you struggling and it's nice to hear some good news that you're finally doing your thing...

i can share the good things too. once in a while i'll search for some of those old posts and don't get why i didn't just end it all.... and i'm only half joking. but i figure i ought to share the good things that are happening with those that were around for the misery.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Welcome to the REAL world bro...new home, new business, new kid on the way and getting to a point where you can stand on your own and actually smile...lol. I'm a couple of steps ahead, established business, my daughter is gonna be 8yrs old in a couple of months and I haven't worked for anyone else in the past 4 yrs now. I know the feeling that you're experiencing for sure. Keep that same drive and tenacity to succeed and I'm sure that you will do just fine. Playtime will always be here so congrats on everything that you're doing. Stay focused on your dreams and drop in from time to time.

-dac

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
Glad to see that everything is good. good luck with the website.

members online