What's good so far..... (REASON 4.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

phlexter

to be honest guys, I just checked the demo, and I am so dosappointed of the 4.0 Version, Thor patches suck, they cant even mess with plugins like toxic III or Nexus. What is wrong with the Propellerheads. Then I tried the ReGroove with the MPC Swing setting and it didnt get me right. To be honest, I totally switched to FL with EDISON and Audio clips, etc and only use 50 % on quantize to keep that mpc human feel. I used to produce with Reason since 1.0 but I just fugured out it finally cant compete with vst plugins and man no audio clips or internal chopping, not even timestretch ....and I am tired of this fuckin rewire issue ...I wanna haave a program in a box, and thats what FL is giving me right now to be honest !
After I am finished, take the waves into cubase and mix it down there !!!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
lol! You don't get 1/50 of the goods in a demo that you get in a actual "full" program. I actually love the new Thor. It's the best synth in a software programs I've ever experienced. It has a ton of sounds that they'd never release in a demo version, that's what you pay for, the good shit. Thor is a tweakers gold mine. No software synth has it's capabilities.

To each his own. If FL Studio gets the job done for your ride with it.

Those who have the full version of Reason 4.0 know it's a beast. Of course everybody has there pick. I swear by Reason. It's the best I've ever worked with. I left FL for it. I'm not a fan of VSTs. Just my preference. B Ez!

lol that nigga thought the demo version wuz gonna have everything...in what planet does demo mean full program??

DJ Redrum

Playin' For Keeps
ill o.g.
How is the soundbanks compared to Reason 3? I already have my own banks/refills i'd just like to know if there is much improvement.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
All the sounds in the demo ? No...i got full reason 4 and the rest of the thor sounds are still trash

Reason 4 is a big let down

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
All the sounds in the demo ? No...i got full reason 4 and the rest of the thor sounds are still trash

Reason 4 is a big let down

People who made the Thor presets are not even hiphop producers.
If you just using their presets.What do you expect.
Don't trip.make you own.

LonChainy

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
GOOD LORD...what is MG listening to???? Thor is AMAZING!! lemme guess MG....your fairly new to producing...and new to Reason......am i right??

Gran-Dad

WOZART
ill o.g.
Recording live in FL7

to be honest guys, I just checked the demo, and I am so dosappointed of the 4.0 Version, Thor patches suck, they cant even mess with plugins like toxic III or Nexus. What is wrong with the Propellerheads. Then I tried the ReGroove with the MPC Swing setting and it didnt get me right. To be honest, I totally switched to FL with EDISON and Audio clips, etc and only use 50 % on quantize to keep that mpc human feel. I used to produce with Reason since 1.0 but I just fugured out it finally cant compete with vst plugins and man no audio clips or internal chopping, not even timestretch ....and I am tired of this fuckin rewire issue ...I wanna haave a program in a box, and thats what FL is giving me right now to be honest !
After I am finished, take the waves into cubase and mix it down there !!!

Do U ever have probs recording live in FL. I got FL7 and have a rough time recording live from my Trin. Need some advice.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Not new to beats, reason, or anything of that nature.

The presets, imo, are trash. I shouldnt have to go through almost 100 patches, then make my own just to be satisfied.

If anyone here has ever used NEXUS, how much editing do you have to do to get a great lead or pad ? (none)

So...i stick with my stance.

I been using reason (among others) 5 years now

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Modern day producers have gotten way to lazy IMO.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
man i dont even knoe who to believe ppl wit like 5 posts say its wack but other say its dope WHICH ONE!!!!

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If you're referring to me ? Fury, subliminally, my original name is Da'son and i been on this board longer than all of you who posted here.... So dead that.

NEXT, my point @ lil drumma boi... isnt whether or not it was created for hip hop. Thats not a concern. I use OTHER synths that are made for techno, house, rave, and use them in hip hop. The nord wasnt created for south beats, south beats use the nord.

Same picture here, except, the synths given to us, are cheap.

You cant contest that. You hold thor against Toxic III, Sytrus, NExus - preset for preset / usability for usability - theres no arguments, its lack luster. What its capable of doing ? thats a whole other argument, but YOU COULD Make a polysonic synth with malstrom, subtractor, matrix, and combinator if you really wanted too. So im just saying, for it to be some "ooo wow" type synth, im not hearing it.

If you would like to custom create some patches or any of you post a HOT beat using the presets, show me different please do.

Meanwhile, with synths like Nexus and etc (which costs more than RS4 btw) are crazy off gate...ill be using those.

If i wanna edit sounds ill use my microkorg or Micron...which i do, btw.,

Status
Not open for further replies.