What's "Not Good" So Far ... Reason 4

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've used reason for 5 years now, and i must say this particular update has not tickled my fancy. Not much in the way that 2.5-> 3.0 update did. I've toured much of the new presets and configurations. I appreciate the Mastering Class The Most, and the fx pannel for sure. The new demo songs show strong use of such. Even a few new combinators have freaked some sounds that I never found possible on my own.

But this "Thor" is not living up to its name, by far. Mighty Capabilites, possibily, but thats like saying an accord could potentially go as fast as a ferrari !

Maybe im biased, but synths of the likes of NEXUS, Sytrus II, Toxic III, Vapor - seem to be lightyears beyond.

I appreciate the new "clip" system, now you can "finally" color your clips on your own. ANd everythings much easier to drag around. But i cant figure why they made the sequencer so "scrunched" up. Reason has yet to let you maximizer your whole window, so i guess ill be detaching it and OR just using Ableton as my master sequencer. i also hear a few reason 3 users (that i know) having trouble moving around this new design as well.

If any of you come across or make any practical use with the Thor presets, i'd love to hear it. maybe my biased ear has let me ignore its full potential. OR if you are a synth designer, program me some crazy timbo/lil jon joints - ill even pay you for it.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
overhyped.

the fact that many don't tweak like crazy has me wondering if some even know all the various parts of thor.

to each his/her own

Very True.

Im glad real gear doesnt call for major tweaking like crazy, or alot of us would be short 3gz

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah ? Im glad i picked the motif when i did.

however the microkorg isnt all that bad!

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
whats wrong with THOR, fucking peeps of WARP made thaty shit, so its gunna be maaaaad

getting reason 4 tommorow on the down low, (there aint any fucking glitshes programmed into the cracked versions are there? - like propellerheads putting a virus in it then leaking it for the dishonest mutherfuckers like myslef, and propably most reason users i know?)

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
whats wrong with THOR, fucking peeps of WARP made thaty shit, so its gunna be maaaaad

getting reason 4 tommorow on the down low, (there aint any fucking glitshes programmed into the cracked versions are there? - like propellerheads putting a virus in it then leaking it for the dishonest mutherfuckers like myslef, and propably most reason users i know?)

Uh oh...somebody either got there drink on last night or needed to and couldn't....let me ERASE this! lmbao

P

phlexter

Man Reason has such a fuckin big potecial, but they are going the right way but keeping the devices too simple I think. Man imagine you would have a redrum with the Battery Interface and editing possabilities ( Wave-View, Cell-copy-ADSR Envelopes within, Hold and decay to shorten or lenggthen a sample accurately).
Man you cannot see any WAVE File nowhere.... !
And I totally Agree, that THOR was completely overhyped, I tried the patches and the most reminded me of some atari games....this is so sad, since I heard Vsts like NEXUS,Z3TA or Sytrus.....Listen to the demosong alone , it sounds like crap. But I like the workflow damit, and rewired with Adobe Audiotion for sample editing this is FIRE !
For the Sequencer I am quite glad, because now you can finally arrange a song how its supposed to be, and the lanes make programming changes more easy.
To me they should have improved ReDrum more !!! I mean 50 % of the Reason Users make HipHop on it, and its all about the drums man !
We'll see, perhaps they will come with some improvements in 2009 with Reason 5.0 !
But all I can say is this....Rewire Rewire Rewire !!!

BUT to all of you who noticed that coloured sound out of reason, somehow thin...attached you will find a very complex combinator from the reason forums, that takes off this reason specific sound,and will make your songs sound fuller and more natural again....the BEst !!

Peace
KlickBeats ( Klickbeats@gmx.de )

Attachments

• Pug's Audiophile Output Combi.zip
    116.6 KB · Views: 165

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
the one thing i don't like about the new sequencer is how it like selects the whole section and you have to double click in it before drawing a note, if you just draw a new note in it deletes everything !

wizard

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 141
that thor device was way over rated!!!
and u are right about them sounds u really got to do alot of tweaking just to get them the way u want it u cant even load your on sounds in it!!!!
the groove mixer i love iit and the lane thing is a plus
but they could of added another or a few more new devises
it would been nice to see a asr rack mount on there for just sampling!! just something new anything that is rack mount base should be add to reason4 or at least a few more so we can have more devices that favor hip-hop instead of just alternative music!!!

http://www.myspace.com/wawbeatz

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
that thor device was way over rated!!!
and u are right about them sounds u really got to do alot of tweaking just to get them the way u want it u cant even load your on sounds in it!!!!
the groove mixer i love iit and the lane thing is a plus
but they could of added another or a few more new devises
it would been nice to see a asr rack mount on there for just sampling!! just something new anything that is rack mount base should be add to reason4 or at least a few more so we can have more devices that favor hip-hop instead of just alternative music!!!

http://www.myspace.com/wawbeatz

Get your "Rewire on" and you'll change that tune.

Greg Savage

Ehh Fuck you
ill o.g.
Very True.

Im glad real gear doesnt call for major tweaking like crazy, or alot of us would be short 3gz

That's exactly why you're paying 2-3gz for the unit (the tweaking) If you take the settings off those sounds in the motif and the other workstation units you'll see there really don't sound too amazing at all.

Me personally I don't mind tweaking for my own sound. Prop can't cater to everyone so they make the sounds dry allow the users to do what they need to do.

The Prob is most don't know how to do anything so they search for presets. It's always been like that

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Man Reason has such a fuckin big potecial, but they are going the right way but keeping the devices too simple I think. Man imagine you would have a redrum with the Battery Interface and editing possabilities ( Wave-View, Cell-copy-ADSR Envelopes within, Hold and decay to shorten or lenggthen a sample accurately).
Man you cannot see any WAVE File nowhere.... !
And I totally Agree, that THOR was completely overhyped, I tried the patches and the most reminded me of some atari games....this is so sad, since I heard Vsts like NEXUS,Z3TA or Sytrus.....Listen to the demosong alone , it sounds like crap. But I like the workflow damit, and rewired with Adobe Audiotion for sample editing this is FIRE !
For the Sequencer I am quite glad, because now you can finally arrange a song how its supposed to be, and the lanes make programming changes more easy.
To me they should have improved ReDrum more !!! I mean 50 % of the Reason Users make HipHop on it, and its all about the drums man !
We'll see, perhaps they will come with some improvements in 2009 with Reason 5.0 !
But all I can say is this....Rewire Rewire Rewire !!!

BUT to all of you who noticed that coloured sound out of reason, somehow thin...attached you will find a very complex combinator from the reason forums, that takes off this reason specific sound,and will make your songs sound fuller and more natural again....the BEst !!

Peace
KlickBeats ( Klickbeats@gmx.de )

Will try this attachment.