Whats the best sampling software?

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What up Fam? I'm trying to figure out what is the best software sampler? I'm running nuendo and was using kontact but could never really get it to work properly with nuendo.So now im in search for a new one. Anyone have any ideas?

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
best is gigasampler. kontakt is very good as is halion, sampletank, vsampler, the one mout make, the one that comes with cakewalk project 5, blah blah blah,
stick with kontakt it is just as good as anything out there unless you want to make very complex acoustic sounding orchestrations that must sound totally real then try to learn gigasampler but then you should use a gsif driver compatible card

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
H

Holla

i use 2 separate programs...1 i use for editing and constructing the music or sample. 2 i use another program for my beat patterns. i then lay them down together in the 1st program. thats my process.

P

polochizzamp

I chop mines in Acid 4.0 and sequence it in fruity loops.. but I use the Alesis Sr-16 for my drums..

OffSet

HIpHOP
ill o.g.
For Samples i use Samplitude 7.02 and 6.0
and Magixs Music Studio to work with and sequence with Cakewalk sonar3 and Music Creation PRo24

FuriousMusic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yo offset is there a pre-roll or count in in samplitude cause i had a demo version of that program and i could never find it.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
wav editors; Soundforge ( still on 5.0 ), Cooledit Pro 1.2. Mostly SF though. Drumedits on Recycle 2.0 because it only takes 15 secs to chop a kit.

soft-samplers; exs-24 ( logic ) and FL ( Fl doesnt need a soft sampler plugin since it's a softsampler).

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
2_nice said:
best is gigasampler. kontakt is very good as is halion, sampletank, vsampler, the one mout make, the one that comes with cakewalk project 5, blah blah blah,
stick with kontakt it is just as good as anything out there unless you want to make very complex acoustic sounding orchestrations that must sound totally real then try to learn gigasampler but then you should use a gsif driver compatible card

i have to seriously disagree. i own kontakt, sampletank2, and halion 2.0.

these are FAR from created equal.

first, what are your major needs? what type of instruments? what sound libraries are you trying to use- emu, akai, giga, etc?

the sampletank effects section is far and away the most valuable piece of my setup. that alone is worth the cost. plus it has a more-than respectable (both in size and quality) library out of the box.

actually, i would recommend the Emu Emulator X at this point. it comes with the exact same soundset as the Proteus 2000, which is pretty good. it also comes with its own sound card, and its like, $200. emu has long been the standard for hardware samplers and this should be no exception. if i didnt already have sampletank and wasnt about to get the Fantom, i would get this mos def. dont sleep on emu.

otherwise, sampletank2 is the way to go. kontakt has crap for effects isnt the most organized program, allthough its editing features are a plus when compared with sampletank2. dont even bother with halion.

i have heard good things about giga, however. i still say emu!

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
i always use cool edit pro to chop up my wavs etc then from there i put them into reason and use the nn-xt or woteva ! The only thing i don't like about cool edit is it doesnt tell the bpm of the sample i mite switch to re-cycle eventually as i hear this does ! but for this at the moment im just using a sample calculator !

g@Vin c@$h

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Here's a little trick that i do for sampling. I personally like to write a symphony in reason. I know some aren't going to be able to do this but some can and if you can this works out awsome. After you finish your symphony load it into whatever program you use to chop it up and etc... and then you know exactly what bpm's etc... You know the sample cause you made the sample. And also if you write a pretty complicated symphony you can make a lot of beatz out of it. I have a symphony that is like four minutes long and i made an entire sick tight beat using only like six measures of it.
And if anybody wants to hear the symphony holla, I know it's not a beat but it sure sounds nice.

DJDRAGN9

The Don Gorgon
ill o.g.
personally i think the NN-XT sampler in reason is the best you can go with.Theres mad options in it plus the program is not all that expensive seing all that u can do with reason.

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
recycle? i think thats top quality, especially as it does so wihout changin pitch, recycle 2 is out too i think its best at this side of the game

orpheus

Cook Classics
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 39
symphony rezuest

g@Vin c@$h said:
Here's a little trick that i do for sampling. I personally like to write a symphony in reason. I know some aren't going to be able to do this but some can and if you can this works out awsome. After you finish your symphony load it into whatever program you use to chop it up and etc... and then you know exactly what bpm's etc... You know the sample cause you made the sample. And also if you write a pretty complicated symphony you can make a lot of beatz out of it. I have a symphony that is like four minutes long and i made an entire sick tight beat using only like six measures of it.
And if anybody wants to hear the symphony holla, I know it's not a beat but it sure sounds nice.

yo i'd be real interested in hearin that symphony. you got a link to it? i'm not much for writing music myself, but i wish i was and hopefully one day i will. peace

members online