What's This?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i keep hearing shit about nerd rap and people classifying m.c's into this catogorey. i also know that most of these people happen to be white. i think that people who aren't from the hood need somethin to rap about. so what they talk in metaphors and use big words that just like talkin bout money and drugs. i'm just sick and fuckin tired of m.c's not getting there props cuz people classify them as nerd rap! you mean to tell me Sage Francis is wack Copywrite is wack Eyedea is wack Eminem is wack too right funny how all the m.c's above could rip your favorite m.c to pieces lyrically huh but fuck it they suck cuz of what they choose too rhyme about....last i checked these were the kids buying all the rap albums anyway white kids from the suburbs with G-unit t-shirts. i'm just fustrated cuz some people get hated on for tryin to be different and trying to expand hip hop to others audiences.........YOUR THOUGHT AND OPINIONS PLEASE!

"if Einstien listened to rap, My album e=mc squared would be his favorite" -that kid
keepin nerd rap alive in 05.........

Agent Smith

IllMuzik Junkie
ill o.g.
i think any sub sub genre name comes from closed-minded people's need to classify things for their own comfort...i personally think "hip-hop" should be enough to classify it all but there are those who would rather carry around an encyclopedia's worth of names and classifications such as nerd rap and jock rap and party rap etc...

maybe its just me...i bet my stuff could be considered nerd rap

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
^^^^^nerd rap

lol j/p

actually i am not, you fall under the category

honestly, there is validity to the label to me-just like gangsta. its basically when an mc spits super-intelligent rhymes that generally require an encyclopedia to REALLY understand. it doesnt hit you at the base level of just listening casually; you have to listen, rewind, deciipher, repeat on a lot of these cats. HOWEVER..... it is what it is.

realistically though...... i am not a fan of most of it. some cats i can get down with, but even then its iffy. i dig sole but his battin average with me is like .185... i like MAYBE 2 out of every ten tracks i hear...

also, "nerd rap" tends to be white suburban kids in college, thus they dont have the same life stories to spit and. or dwell on depending on your perspective- they have different things to speak on coming from a middleclass perspective..

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Nerd rap huh? So that actually is a real genre?? Hmmmm...I never hear it. I've heard of it but I thought it was a term some cats used to dis on non-black emcees. Shows my ingnorance huh?

Now that I think about it...I wonder if old school rapper T-La Rock would fall under this catagory. He was black but dude would spit words that would have me running to the dictionary to find out what he was talking about. He was cool but because of the words he used, it made his flow sound artificial at times. Made for awkward listening.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
It's the 1st time I see that expression... but, anyways, I don't mind seeing a white rapper, as long as he got skillz... and that he's not talking crap....

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
i agree wid almost every post so far cold truth is right about middle class collage kids rhymin but why hate on them cuz there bringing hip hop back to there homies in the suburbs.... i strongly agree wid jmaffia on say these individuals are closed minded. i guess sygma's right it comes down to skillz not color or genre.......

jmaffia what part of san diego are you from ? used to live there- that kid

Anubis-Ra

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Everybody gotta represent where they're from. As long as they only keep it real and talk about what they know then I don't see what the problem is. It's hard to society to survive without labeling everything I guess.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
j-maffia where at what street..... i used to live in ocean beach on long branch street also i grew up on voltaire. my sister went to point loma high school. what's it like out there now heard it's expensive moved back to n.y in like 97' but lived out there for about 16 years.......- that kid

Corpz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i listen to my fare shair of "nerd rap" and it pisses me off that people classify it like that..... i dig alot of Aesop Rock and El-Ps shit but i hate Anticon... Copywrite i never considered nerd rap hes just a dope fuckin mc and i heard hes in talk wit Dame Dash so hopefully that kid blows up... Apathy used to be nerdish right along with Jedi Mind Tricks in their 1st album but they switched their style and i loved em more after that.....

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
yo rob beatz that cracker cat is crazy like his cover of his album dope....

corpz i also heard that shit about copywrite, i like some of aseop rock but nerd rap ain't jus white people look at canibus, deltron, also people are feelin papoose now but he did that song alphabetical slaughter so i guess he lost street credit now and people will say he's nerd rap now too. - that kid

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
every 1 of them is an artist wanting to get heard, that's what it's all about, no matter if they hot or not. if someone is hot, people will know it, but they gotta have somethin extra to impress these days.

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
muhfuckas just like to classify shit and segregate.

it's all hip hop, some people just choose to create labels cause they wiggity wiggity wack yo!

do hip hop a favor, and refuse to buy in to cheap fucking generalizations.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
no doubt- it's expensive to live though huh. i wanna move back once i get outta the marine corp i think i'm goin back there or back to n.y.......you also rhyme too got any tracks i could hear- that kid

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
i check out your shit it's nice cuz it's different- you make your own beats? maybe we can do a track together some time?- that kid