what's up?

djryval

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dj ryval here, i've been a lurker for a long time and decided to join up. i'm 28 years old and been producing for only about 2 years for a little hip hop crew that a few friends of mine formed a while back (called the inktroverts). our style is strictly underground boom bap, positive hip hop. i don't even really listen to the radio anymore. i've read alot of good tips and help on this board that i've been able to apply to my own set up in the past year. figured it was time to join so i might could chime in or maybe ask a question or two later on. some of my favorite hip hop sites are www.sphereofhiphop.com and www.hiphopforthesoul.com. favorite artists and groups i listen to and get inspiration from include:

mars ill
deepspace5 (which includes manchild and dj dust of mars ill, freddie fruno, beat rabbi, sev statik, listener, the recon, sintaxtheterrific, playdough, illtripp1, sivion, and dj manny)
braille
tunnel rats
ill harmonics
scribbling idiots
lightheaded
l.a. symphony
lmno
new breed
glue
lojique

several of the ds5 members are personal friends of mine who encouraged us to start making our own music, and so it all started from there. i pretty much grew up on hip hop, my first tapes were the fat boys, run dmc, beastie boys, and ll cool j. i wish i had started while i was in college instead of waiting so late to start djing/producing, but better late than never. peace.

ill o.g.
yo homey Welcome to Illmuzik.

Kewl we pretty much started out on the same muzak, my first records were also fat boys and beastie boys. later on i started on the tapes, ll cool j was one of my first tapes ever. Im 24 from the netherlands, ive been makin music for almost a decade now. And you are right man, better late than never with startin up.

Peace and enjoy yourself ;)

djryval

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
cool. technically, i do "hear" what's on the radio in order to keep up with what's going on. but i think both know what's up, i'm just not feelin much that's out there in the mainstream anymore.